Promises

"Oh my god, ma what did you do?"

She turned around slowly and started crying. "I didn't mean to... I really didn't. I tried h-hard Jasmine I really did." I was speechless I just stared at the baby she had in her arms. "Come on now we have to get to the hospital." I grabbed the baby gently and then grabbed my mom and rushed out to the car.

"Hospital. NOW! Chase." She sped over to the hospital. I grabbed my mom and the baby and ran in. The nurses and doctors took my mom and the baby without any questions.

Chase POV

What the fuck just happened? Im sitting in a waiting room with Jas. I have a thousand questions to ask but I can tell it's too soon. The doctor walks out and Jas runs up to him. I knew it was bad news. You could literally feel every broken heart in the room. I watched as she just broke down crying. Should I go hug her or just let her brake down. I decide to let her break down.

You can't leave her Chase..

I take a deep breath and close my eyes. Out of all times this voice wants to speak up it chooses now. Great. Just great.

Go get her she looks weak. Pathetic almost.

Ugh oh my god.

I walk over to her and grab her off the floor. "Hey, it's gonna be okay." I hold her so tight. I missed her. She wipes her face and looks at me, "Promise?" I just look away. I can't make promises. The thing about promises is that they're made to be broken. With out thinking I say the worst thing I could say in this moment. "Promise."

I talk to the doctor to see what was happening.

(C=Chase & D=Doctor)

C: Um Doc what's wrong with the lady we just brought in and the baby?

D: Oh yes well um would you like the bad news or good news first?

C: Umm, good? I guess.

D: Good news the baby is okay. Bad news we did everything we could for the mother. She didn't make it.

I shook my head and went to walk away when he grabbed me.

D: Oh I forgot more bad news the child does not exist. Like um we have no records of her. There is no name nothing. It seems like she was not even born in a hospital.

I looked at him crazy.

C: So what does that mean. You gotta kill her or some. If so that's foul.

He started laughing but quickly stopped when he saw I was serious.

D: No um whoever is taking custody of the child needs to go through a very big process.

I shook my head and went back to the waiting room to tell Jas. After explaining everything to her we went back to talk to the doctor.

After the doctor explained that Jas has to be eighteen in order to gain custody of her sister she of course had a melt down. I felt terrible. She was so broken. I mean I can probably take custody of the kid but with that we have two problems. One I hate kids I'll be damned if I take in a kid. Secondly I'm a king pin. That kid will probably die living with me. So it's a no for me.

Jas comes up to me pouting "What am I going to do?" I just look at her and shrug. "I mean you didn't know about her so it shouldn't matter what happens. Just live your life." When I tell you shawty slapped the dog shit outta me. I thought I saw Jesus when I fell to the floor. "I CAN'T JUST FORGET ABOUT HER THAT IS MY SISTER CHASE!" Some nurse comes over and asks us to quiet down. Yeah, that made Jas get even louder. I grab her and walk her outside. "Okay look I'm sorry you're right but I can't do anything." She started crying and I broke. I took her back to her house and left. I was going back to the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went through this long ass process of trying to get custody of the kid. I had to sign a bunch of shit. And then guess what. This old bitch told me I have to go to court for the kid. Oh let's not forget the house inspection.

At home....

I finally made it home I'm not telling Jas about me trying to get custody. I don't want her to get her hopes up and then it fails. I mean I'm a kingpin. I'm most likely not gonna win but it's worth a shot. I just need her happy.