Chapter 6

One day,a quiz competition was set for all the junior secondary schools in Abuja.Previously, Al-Azan college has never reached quarter final but Fatima and her friends defeated all the schools that competed with them and reached the semi final.
The principal and the teachers were excited because they have never won in any competition.He rang an emergency bell, all the students stood according to their classes.
"Good day students" the principal said
"Good day sir" the students replied.
I am very happy about the competition our school attended. It is true that ever since we started engaging in competitions,our school has never won any prize but our students who went for this particular competition surprised us by defeating all the schools that participated in this competition.He called out Fatima and her friends."You all deserve an accolade" he said,yes you did well; I don't know that we have such brilliant students in this school.I will like all of you to emulate them by reading and working very hard"he ended his speech and dismissed the assembly. Fatima's parents were very happy as their daughter and her friends became the talk of the town. They were proud of their daughter's achievement.
One week before their J.S.C.E,the principal instructed that the J.S.3 students should assemble at the assembly hall.
"Your examination will be coming up by next week. I want to advice you as my own children, read your text books and notes very well. Revise all what your teachers taught you, make good use of your time in reading and researching, don't while away your time. Always be in the class when lessons are going on,pray to God to help you during the examination because anything you do without God is nonsense. Did I make myself clear?. The principal asked.
" Yes sir,the students replied and went back to their various classes.
The result of the J.S.C.E came out, Fatima with her friends were all promoted to S.S 1.Other students also did well in the examination and were promoted. Fati and Maryam were in S.S 1B while Hussaina and Aisha were in S.S 1A.Fatima made new friends in the class,little did she know that she was going through the wrong path.
Fatima met Larai the daughter of Alhaji Kwankwaso of Kano state, her parents are very rich,Larai unlike Fatima was not serious with her studies, rather she preferred cheating during tests and exams in order to pass.
"What are you doing here, while we are on break period" Larai asked Fatima one day.
"I am reading" Fati replied.
"Come let's go and play" Larai said. "No I want to keep myself busy"
"Busy? but this is break time, so let's go and play".
Larai and Fatima went to play and as they were playing, Larai's phone rang;she picked the call,after answering the call she put the phone back in her little purse.
" you have a mobile phone?"Fati asked. "Yes,Larai replied, my daddy bought it for me."don't you have phone?" Larai asked in surprise. "Yes" Fati said.
"Well before I forget, I will be having my birthday party next week. I hope you will be there to welcome my boyfriend and his friends?,Fatima,i don't want you to miss this party. It will hurt me if you miss it" Fati promised not to miss the party. Soon the break was over,two hours later the school dismissed and everybody went to the hostel.Fatima called her friends and told them about the party.
"Which party?" Hussaina asked in surprise.
"My friend's party" Fati replied. And her friends told her plainly that they would not attend the party and Fati angrily left them.Three days to the party,Larai sneaked out of the school with Fati and her two other friends Lami and Ladi.Four of them went to the market to buy clothes which they would wear on the party day.Larai also bought shoes and many other things for them.A day later,Fati,Lami and Ladi were at Larai's house for the party, they spent the night there.
"Oh! my God,the man of the moment is here", Larai said as she squealed delighted,disengaging herself from the people she was discussing with,and ran to welcome her boyfriend,Usman.
" hi Usman",Larai said happily."hi baby" Usman said. "You are welcome", Larai said as the party went on;there were foods,drinks and everybody him or herself. After the cutting of the cake,music started playing and everybody started dancing, as Fatima was busy serving foods and drinks to the guests,a young man approached her.
" can I have a dance with you? "The man said, without giving second thought to the request, Fatima quickly agreed to dance with him.As they danced,he introduced himself " I am Isah,what is your name?
"I am Fatima" Fati and Isah became friends. After the party, Larai thanked all her friends and they all returned to the school the next day. As time went on,Fati began to sneak out of the hostel whenever she wants to visit Isah.She always comes back to hostel with the gifts Isah bought for her,she no longer read her notes or attend classes.

~~~Hmmm! What is wrong with Fatima?
~~~~~Tell me what you think about this new behaviour of Fatima
~~~please vote, share and comment
I luv you all
#wink