Chapter 7

One night,Fati and her friends together with Larai went to a party. There, Fatima met Isah,they enjoyed themselves as they ate as much as their stomach could contain.
"I need some money" Fatima said. "how much my dear?" Isah asked, "five thousand naira" she said. "Only five thousand naira"said Isah as he opened his brief case and brought out the sum of five thousand naira and gave it to Fatima." Thank you my dear "Fati said gratefully," it's okay,just manage it,Isah said.
Fati called her friends and they all returned back to school, they came back with lots of gifts. "Fatima" Larai called, "yes" Fati answered,did you get anything from him? Yes of course, Fatima replied."I asked him for some money Fati said, and did he give you the money? Yes he gave me the sum of five thousand naira "Fatima said." What of you? Larai asked pointing at Lami,"my guy gave me the sum of two thousand naira. And you? Larai asked pointing at Ladi,I got the sum of four thousand naira from my man.
They were all happy,they jumped through the fence and Ladi got injured in the process.
As weeks progressed into months Fati kept avoiding her other friends,she had a thousand and one seemingly cogent reasons why she should not be with them like before.
Very soon, their promotional examination was around the corner and Fati had not read her notes and textbooks.She became worried about it but Larai told her to relax because she had almighty formula that would give them a shortcut to success.
"It's only fools who sweat for success but smart and clever girls like us have found an easier road to success" Larai said. By the time she told Fati how they will make it,Fati felt relaxed. Meanwhile, their principal assemble all the S.S 3 students.
"Good day students" the principal said, "good day sir" the students replied.
That day, the principal encouraged and advised them to study very hard so as to succeed at the end.After all the warnings against examination malpractice, Larai and her friends still went ahead to bribe some male teachers to help them in the examination hall. Before they left for the long vacation,Maryam,Hussaina and Aisha tried to advice Fatima against her new way of life but she refused to listen to them.
"Fati" Hussaina called, "I don't like the kind of life you are living now,you don't read your books any more, you have learnt cheating during exam as Larai usually did and I know she taught you how to cheat.
"Shut up", Fatima shouted " eeyeh! madam adviser, please don't disturb my peace enough of your sanctimonious preaching "Fati replied angrily.
"Please Fati calm down we are not here to fight or quarrel with you but we came to you out of love and concern" Hussaina said.
"Out of love my foot,don't you know you are the ones lost in darkness?" Fati snapped."Fatima, we may appear to be suffering now but later we will enjoy,the patient dog eats the fattest bone.Today is early but tomorrow may be too late,the west African school certificate examination is at hand and here you are following Larai like her maid",Maryam said.
"Please Fati listen to us,we care for you, we are after your interest and welfare, we will not fold our hands and let you waste away your time" Aisha began as tears rolled down her cheeks. Fatima became violent and shove them out of her corner.
"One more word,Fati remember the kind of family you came from, remember your father's dreams and hopes concerning you, remember what you want to in future" Hussaina said. "Yes", now get out of my corner and don't ever come back to disturb me, Fatima said harshly. Hussaina and her friends became speechless and Left Fatima.

~Please comment
~Share and
~Vote
Thanks so much for the support
I heart you all