Perfect Before

Life was simple. I'd get up, make coffee for me and Denis, eat breakfast, then make videos. Easy enough, right? Boy, was I wrong. I was glaring at Denis. Forgot why, but I knew it was something not worth my time. Then he began explaining why he did this thing. I didn't listen while hot tears fell down my cheeks. I remember now. 

He used me. He used my hard work to pay off his problems. He couldn't pay off our rent. When he could've asked me to help, he gained access to my card and who knows what he used it for. I turned away from him, while he was talking, I went to my room, packed some things, and left. 

On my way out I heard Denis shout, "Elijah! Let me explain, hon--" I slammed the door before he could finish.

On my way out, it occurred to me that I didn't have all of my stuff. Well, I guess I'll get it later. Then I remembered-- god, get your head together, man-- that I had no clue where I would go. So here I was: Standing dumbfounded in the middle of the street, while my boyfri-- ex-boyfriend chases me.

"Elijah! Come back!"

I ran. I know what you're thinking: "Sketch is running away? What?" Sometimes you have to be the coward. Never thought I'd say that one. I looked behind me to make sure Denis wasn't behind me, when I ran into someone. I ran face first into their chest, and they stumbled back and balanced me.

"I think you just fell for me." That voice. It was sweet, familiar, British. When I looked up I was staring into hazel eyes, that flashed colors at every angle, and framed by black glasses.

"Alex." I managed to breathe out.