Distance

She didn't have apatite to eat but her body ached badly so she has to have some food. She ate unwillingly, she missed him, it's strange how she can't live a second without him now . In past she had decided to part ways from him. Such a stupid decision she made.

No matter what she did her day did not pass today, the day looked longer than usual. She tried to sleep but in vain. She cooked her food but still did not eat. She roam every corner of the beautiful house but she was not satisfied. She don't have phone so she dialed Shivaay's number from the landline, but he did not pick. He wrote in that note he had some major work at office, may be he is too busy to take call she thought.

She wanted to go outside but she can't just roam around, it's not safe and she didn't have urge to go to shopping, although she had lots of things to pick up from the market.

In the afternoon,She was resting on her bed, when her heart pound on hearing the door bell ring. She hopped out of the bed and opened it thinking it's shivaay.......

To her disappointment khanna stood there with a sad face.

"Kya hua khanna ji....." She asked a little surprised..

"Wo mam... Ghar se urgent call aaya hai, meri wife ka accident ho gya hai...mujhe jaana padega..." He said

"Oh....to aapko jaldi jaana chahiye....... Jaiyye der mat kijiye." She said hurriedly.

He hesitated" par shivaay sir ne kaha tha ki......."

" Meri fikra mat kijiye......aapko waha hona chahiye....."

"Shivaay sir ko inform kiye bina.....main kaise...." He was still hesitating...

"Unka phone nahi lag raha.....its okay aap jaiyye me unhe bata dungi......." She said clearing his doubts.....
He took leave from her and went.

Now she was all alone, she hoped that Shivaay will be able to come back at night. She dialed his number again but in vain. He was neither taking her call nor calling her back.

For some time she got worried too, but she is a strong girl afterall, she made herself comfortable on the couch and started watching TV. To kill the time. She never thought it will be so difficult to live all alone.

Late in the afternoon shivaay called her.

" I love you jaan...."he said in a tired voice.
"I am sorry I could not take your calls, it was a really bad day at office,But I.... missed you.. " he said in a sigh.

" I missed you too.... Come back to me now.......I can't wait.........".
There was a long pause so she asked again "Are you coming?"she asked like a baby...

"Mmm...Annika...I don't think i can come today. There's dinner plans at home today with some of bade papa's friends and I have to be there....I hope....." He was sounding sad bit he can't avoid it...he tried but it's not possible.

"I can understand" she said sadly, she was missing him to death and whole day she hoped that he will come in the evening and all her emptiness will go,but she was disappointed. She understood him if it was in his hands he surely would have come.

It was her decision to not tell family. This much she has to bear. She thought she have to understand his situation too. He is having a difficult time dealing with all this. Two places and the pressure of office too.

He felt her disappointment, he felt guilty too but he can't help it. He was missing her from the moment he left her in the morning.

He went to obeori mansion, he got freshen up, not having any apatite to eat, he hurriedly went back to the office, all these days the company suffered a lot.
He was having hard time focusing on work. He saw the constant calls from Annika but he could not take it. It was because he was too busy to get distracted, and he deliberately avoided. He needed full focus today. When the day ended,He was tired, but still wanted to drive all the way to her, but in last minute Tej's friends came over dinner which he tried to avoid but could not.