Chapter 1 - New Girl

Joe's POV

I get to school and go see the boys (Mikey, Josh, Oli, Caspar, Jack and Connor) who are sitting at a group bench.

'Hey mate' Josh greats me with a bro handshake as I sit next to him. 'So boys?Hear about the new girl? She'll be in your PE Joe I think.'

'Oooo, the kids done his research!' Mikey Teases Josh and ruffles his hair whilst we all laugh. Josh pulls and Angry face and continues to talk.

'I'm just saying, we've got to keep an eye out or we'll end up being single for life!' He says wafting his hands all over the place.

'I'm okay with that.' I say, when I really wasn't. I've always wanted a girlfriend. My last relationship was when I was 13, that's three years! I am hopeless with girls. Seriously. No one will want me and the only ones that do are little blonde sluts.

'Ahhhh Joe, You don't mean that!' Josh says sympathetically.' More girls will want to go out with you than me.' He says putting his head down.

'Oh stop trying to make us feel sorry for you! We all know you are trying too hard.' Jack says to Josh shoving him making all of us laugh whilst Josh goes red in the face.

'And Joe, you could have any girl you want if you needed, and so could I...' Jack says then does his annoying laugh, Connor rolls his eyes and gets out his phone and starts texting.

'Oh stop boasting, You all have a better chance than me.' Mikey says sadly and puts his head down.

'Don't you start!' Jack shouts and Mikey instantly starts to make himself look big and strong.

I roll my eyes, they are sort of right, I could have a girl. But no one has come along that I actually like. I head off to art and design. We are testing out adding string to out sketches we've been working on, mines of a jar filled with fire flies with a dark stary star behind it. It isn't my best sketch but it isn't terrible. I add the string and it actually looks pretty good, it has really improved it and making it seem 3D.

I added a moon and took away the stars so it is more simplistic and it looks better! I am really pleased, my art teacher comes along (Mrs Phillips) and she looked really shocked

I added a moon and took away the stars so it is more simplistic and it looks better! I am really pleased, my art teacher comes along (Mrs Phillips) and she looked really shocked. Oh no.

'Does it look bad?' I ask her, she looks at me as if I am mad. I give her a nervous smile.

'Wow Joe! If you carry on like this you could get even better and make a in the art business. Well done.' And she smiles and puts her hand on my shoulder as she walks way.

Wow. That's so cool, I smile to myself.

30 minutes later

I've got PE now, I'm okay at PE. I used to to rugby but I kinda don't have the body for it 😬. Too much bone, not enough skin. We are doing football, I like football, I'm okay at it. The girls are doing football too and they are just on the other side of the see-through curtain on the AstroTurf. I can see a girl the who is just standing at the side of the pitch and I think it's the new girl Josh was talking about, the other girls are shouting at her, I try to listen in.