Chapter 5 - I'll help you

The next day, 2:00am

Joe's POV

I'm finding it really hard to sleep properly, I feel so awful. The hospital beds are so uncomfortable! I feel even more sorry for Dianne, she begged the nurses to let her sleep on the chair, I told her not to but she insisted she stayed. I am kinda happy she stayed though, I can't imagine a night here without her. The cut on my neck is hurting a lot, they gave me some pain killers but they haven't really helped.

I look over at Dianne, she is shuffling in her chair uncomfortably. 

'Dianne?' I say in a whisper, she looks over at me. She looks awfully ill, she smiles and moves her chair closer to the bed. I roll my eyes at her 'Why are you still up? Can't you sleep? I said you can go home if you want to' I say then try to sit up and wince. She looks really worriedly at me

'Joe, are you okay? I know you said but I can't bare the thought of you being left here on my own.' She says silently to me then reaches out for my hand. I smile at her then laugh.

'Dianne, I'm in a bed and I'm still not getting any sleep. You look so uncomfortable?' I say sadly then look at her on the chair. She looks to the ground then looks up again.

'Well, it was either this or the floor. So? Did your mum and Zoe have to carry you out naked?!' She says then tries to hold in her laugh, I do a little giggle.

'We'll Zoe said she heard a big bang then she ran up and barged into my bathroom. I was face down so she didn't see anything but she put a towel over my when she flipped me over and called mum who rang the ambulance.' I explain, she smiles then frowns and looks embarrassed. 'What?' I say then look at her confused.

'Did your mum tell you what I did?' She says, then I look at her confused. 

'No?' I say to her, then she gives a cheeky smile.

'I waited outside your house for over an hour and then heard a ping from your room when I was walking away texting you. Then I climbed the pipe to your room and looked at all the bloody towels on your bed and thought you killed yourself!' She says panicky. Oh god, I feel so bad, I hope she didn't worry that much.

'Thank god you didn't fall over too!' I say then laugh a little and she does too. 'Would you mind pulling the curtain around us? It feels like a very open conversation, don't you think?' I say then laugh as she quickly pulls the curtain around our cubicle. We both laugh then I smile at her.

'Well this is cosy!' She says squeezing up even more to the bed. I laugh at her, then smile.

'Come on then, hop in' I say, then shuffle along to the other side on the bed. They were very kind and gave me a double bed because of how serious it was. 

'Joe I can't.' She says sympathetically. Then I laugh at her

'I'm the patient, and whatever I say goes!' I say then she laughs and gets in very carefully. I smile at her then give her a little kiss on the lips.

We talk for hours after that, when it turns 6:00am Dianne starts to get a bit sleepy and yawns. Smile at her.

'I should be of then!' She says trying to jump out f the bed and I stop her, I don't want her to leave.

'Could you maybe just take the day of school for today? Just for me? I can get my mum to ring in for us?' I say then give her puppy dog eyes. She smiles then taps my nose

'As long as we can have a bit of a sleep!' She says laughing and tucks herself back in and squeezes up next to me softly as to not hurt me.

'Okay, night then sleepy head!' I say and get into a comfortable position. I kiss her hair and we both fall asleep.

Dianne's POV

When I am asleep I dream about Joe, I dream about us being married. I dream about us having two beautiful children named Amy and Lucus. I dream about us buying our first house. 

These images scroll through my head as I'm telling my own story.

I love him, it's early days but I still love him

I love him, it's early days but I still love him. And he loves me, this is perfect. And, I've decided now. I am going to get Joe and my dad to meet.

Words: 852 

I'm really sorry about the small chapter but the next one will be great! Promise! And don't forget to vote and follow, also thank you so much for the rankings on this story! It really means a lot 😘💗