Chapter 4

(3rd Person)

Mark: You want to go to U.A?

Both Mark and Mina were standing across from (Y/N) at the same lake they threw stones at before, (Y/N) nodded which made Mark smile proudly whereas Mina was happily jumping in place, cheering for the announcement that (Y/N) just made.

Mina: That means we'll be spending our high school days together! Told you I'm the real best friend!

Mark: What!? You're applying for U.A as well!? No way am I gonna lose to you, (Y/N)! We're both going to be applying for U.A, got it!?

(Y/N) nodded, a smile on his face while moving a jawbreaker inside his mouth, occasionally placing it between his teeth to rest his jaw for a bit. Mark rolled his eyes at seeing his friend's love for candy once again.

Mark: Y'know, I think Mom's got a point when she says you eat too much candy, not good for the teeth.

All (Y/N) did was raise an eyebrow, before popping the jawbreaker back into his mouth. Mina was simply shaking her head at Mark, wagging her finger while smirking smugly.

Mina: Mark, Mark, you have much to learn. A real friend would never stop another's eating habits, just goes to show you that I'm truly his real best friend after all...

Mark: Oh, really!? I'm simply looking out for my best friend, making sure his teeth don't rot and fall out, you can't grow adult teeth back anyway, so I'm being a good friend by looking after his health!

Mina: Heh, you saying I don't look after him? I always make sure he's eating properly, drinking properly, I even make sure he...

The silent boy sighed, once again the two were going at it to see which of the two was the better best friend towards him. (Y/N) looked out at the lake, looking to see the many stones he and Mark would throw to the other side all gathered up in a pile, there were one or two that were at the bottom of the lake, but that was only from when they were first starting their training all the way back to nine years ago.

Mark took notice of (Y/N)'s staring at the lake, he knew exactly what he was thinking as he placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

Mark: Hey... I know your quirk's not exactly what some might call heroic, but, has that stopped you before? If you're really that scared about using your quirk, then we can always find ways to use it heroically. Trust me, we'll find a way...

They were both surprised when Mina suddenly jumped on (Y/N)'s back, wrapping her arms around his neck while making sure to show her face from behind his shoulder with a bright closed-eyed smile.

Mina: Yeah! We know even without your quirk, you're gonna be a great hero! I know that as your best friend after all!

Mark: You mean: 'as a friend'. Because his best friend is yours truly Mina...

Mina: Nah! It's totally me! Haven't you seen how close we've grown despite only knowing each other for less than a year! Much more impressive than being his friend for nine years!

She stuck her tongue out at that remark, Mark kept a calm expression but you could easily see the irritation in his twitching eyes and irk marks appearing on his forehead. Good thing (Y/N) stopped it: pulling on their cheeks while holding the jawbreaker between his teeth again, the two let out continuous cries of pain while attempting to get their cheeks back.

Mark: Ok! Ok! We'll stop fighting!

Mina: Yeah, just let go! My skin isn't supposed to stretch this way!

(Y/N) let them go with a blank face, failing to realise that he caused said cheeks to slap their teeth earning another round of painful cries as they both held their swollen cheeks as well as checking their teeth for any damage, (Y/N) suddenly picked up a flat stone much to Mina's confusion but Mark's sudden delight.