4. Don't Forget Where You Belong

The bike slowed to a halt.

"Didn't I tell you so, Bunny?" Louis could tell the biker was grinning, and didn't dignify him with a response. "Bunny?"

Oh. Louis was shaking. His fingers were trembling, and his breathing was uneven as he slowly clambered off the bike. "Never again."

"What? Bunny, didn't you enjoy it? Hey! Bunny!" Curly was shouting at him now, but he kept walking away on unstable legs. "Are you okay?"

"No!" Louis was yelling. "Don't you see? I don't get why you need to mess with me, I don't understand why you have to spin me in circles because knowing myself, I'll just wonder why and blame myself for when you stop talking to me. Don't you see," Louis voice got softer, more unhappy. "our worlds don't mix. You and me, we aren't supposed to be friends. I'm not supposed to want to be friends. I don't belong in your world, and you sure don't belong in mine." And he left. He could hear Harry's voice, and everytime, his stomach swooped low.

He can feel it vividly, though. How careless he felt, how reckless, how happy, how free. It was a wonderous experience for Louis. He can just picture how his Curly's large rough hands gripped the throttle of the bike. He can feel the scratchy fabric of Curly's sweater against his cheek, and feel his strong stomach under his fingers. But. Louis can't want that, he can't want to feel like he's on top of the world. So many people, and so many expectations and plans, and this boy certainly isn't one of those.

So..... that was interesting to rewrite. as you can see, this is very different from what it originally was like. I'm a lot happier with this, but still not totally satisfied. I think it's a little too overdramatic, but I think louis definitely opened up more. As you now see, Louis really wants to live up to the expectations that people hold him to, but he also wants this boy, and the freedom that comes with him. I'm glad I finally rewrote this. I'll be deleting the authors note, and hopefully update again soon! (sorry for any mistakes, it was on my phone. I'll edit later!)

~Finally-Writing-Again-Author