five

Kingston, New York

Kingston, New York

November 26, 2018

01:27

I don't know how Ash found out. I did everything to make sure he didn't find out, and of course he did. When I go home everything is going to go to hell— I don't even know if I'll get out alive.

-H

Ash watched as Hazel sat in his passenger seat for the second time that evening, his hand gripping the handle of the door harshly as she pressed her fingers to her head once again, the blood dripping down the side of her face in a fashion Ash had only seen a few times.

Hazel was being abused, there was no doubt in his mind about that.

He shut the door behind her, before walking around the car quickly, sitting in his seat as he reached into the backseat, grabbing a red box with a cross on it.

Hazel's warm eyes drifted around the car, hoping to find something, anything to make sure she kept consciousness. This didn't look good— Ash had figured her out when she had only spoken a handful of words to him.

He looked deeper into the girl than anyone else had— it made her anxious.

He quickly opened the box, pulling out a package of gauze, ripping it open and placing the white cloth to her forehead. "Hold this here." Ash demanded softly, only moving his hand from her head when she pressed her nimble fingers onto the cloth.

Ash could feel the fury coming off of his body as he looked at his blonde sitting there— tears streaming down her cheeks, mixing with the blood that quickly trailed down her neck and stained her hair.

The sense to protect her was stronger than anything he had ever felt before.

Sure, whenever one his targets had their own victims, he would send them to his handlers— the ones who often knew how to handle caring for someone with the abuse they endured. However, with Hazel, he couldn't. He had the desire to care for her in ways she had never been cared for. Ash wouldn't just hand her off to someone she didn't know when he knew he could do it himself

Ash desired to be that for her.

Pushing his seat belt over his body, Ash glanced over to make sure that Hazel was buckled in safely, before pulling away from the home she had grown up in.

He would be paying a visit back soon.

Hazel's hand stayed pressed against her forehead, the gauze absorbing the majority of the blood coming from the gaping wound. Her head pounded as she leaned it against the cold window, her hazel eyes closing as she took a breath.

She didn't exactly want to talk to Ash at that moment, as she knew he had figured her out within a few moments.

His lips tightened slightly as he gazed over at Hazel, she was hurt— and at that point in time, he couldn't care about anything more.

"What would've happened if I wasn't there Hazel?" He asked, smoothly turning onto the main road through town, which would pass the hospital, but ultimately would lead to his home.

Hazel sighed deeply as he asked, shaking her head softly. "I tripped and fell, remember?" Things for her would be better when she returned home if she stuck to her fathers story, playing the game of survival wasn't fun when it occurred in the one place where she should feel safe.

It had been years since she felt safe.

Ash chuckles darkly, rolling his eyes at her as he drove. "I think we both know that isn't true."

Hazel's lips tightened as he drove, her gaze landing on the hospital as they drove, only wiz past it.

Her brow quirked slightly, wincing slightly as her head lifting to look over at him. "I thought you said we were going to the hospital," She stated, watching as the large building shrunk in the distance. They were headed towards the outskirts of town— where the Venator family lived.

"They'd ask too many questions and hurt your pretty little head more than your father did." Ash responded slyly, glancing over at her for a moment, "I should be able to stitch you up without a problem Hazel." He reassured.

Her glare hardened as he spoke about her head, she didn't exactly like that he was talking to her like a child. Hazel's brows furrowed as she looked over at him. How did he know how to stitch someone up? "Are you sure you know how to do that?"

Everything that was happening seemed fuzzy and unclear— as was the fact that Ash had figured her out before anyone else had.

Ash didn't respond to her question, only allowing himself to carefully steer the car towards his home.

The snow flurried around the black car, the visibility low as he drove further up a gravel road, until stopping at a large iron gate. The Venator estate was larger than many realized, over two hundred acres of land was theirs, housing stables, training facilities, a pool, and the largest home in town.

Hazel's eyes widened as they drove towards the entrance of the victorian style mansion, the dark colors contrasting the white snow that flurried towards the ground. Three cars were parked before the home, which Hazel only assumed were his brothers cars— the twins were infamous throughout their high school.

Hazel hadn't met them before, only heard of them. Ash's entire family was an enigma.

Ash glanced over at Hazel, watching as blood seeped through the gauze at a pace he wasnt exactly happy with. She was bleeding too much and he wasn't going to allow her to loose consciousness.

He couldn't allow her to loose consciousness.

Hazel's vision spotted with black dots as the car stopped. There had been many times where she had been beaten to the point of unconsciousness, but she had never experienced a head injury. Ash pushed the gear into park, making sure to unlock the doors as his combat boots landed in the snow, quickly rounding the car to help Hazel out.

She swung her feet out from inside of the car, her Converse landing on the gravel as she denied any help from the tall, tattooed teen that stood before her, slight emotion showing in his eyes as he gazed at the girl wavering on her feet as she stood. Snow landed in her hair as she stood unbalanced, her fingers pressing against the fully soaked gauze.

Ash would learn who she was, and he would protect her with everything he had. It terrified him that he barely knew this girl, but he would do anything for her.

Hazel Williams was worth more than protecting.

hello all! i hope you all are enjoying the assassin's son, and get ready for the story of ash and hazel!

vote + comment!!

xo

hailey