two

Kingston, New York

Kingston, New York

November 25, 2018

18:27

She didn't come to school for three days, then suddenly she appears out of nowhere. She never left her house. Hazel sure knows how to hide something;  I just don't know what exactly she's hiding.

It had been three days; three days without seeing the girl that fascinated the cold-blooded killer so much.  Three days too long.

He found that he missed her. He missed seeing her face, watching her as she read one of her many books, he missed the thought of her. Ash shook his head at himself as he walked into the large gym, the stands barely full with students and parents, waiting to watch the first JV  basketball game of the season.

He just wasn't expecting his  blonde to be seated near the top of the bleachers, earbuds popped into her ears, and as usual, her nose buried in a book.

Ash's green eyes narrowed as he observed her, she looked like she always did. A sweater covering her body, paired with some type of faded jeans, and her black high-top converse. She looked adorable; as usual.

He shook his head at himself, quickly climbing the bleachers to sit some feet away from Hazel. He had to control himself, around the one person he could loose control around.

As he sat, Hazel lifted her head, gazing over at Ash for a mere moment, before diving back into the novel she was holding, The Da Vinci Code.

He barely caught a glimpse of her warm hazel eyes.

Ash let a sigh leave his lips as he sat, his bruised and scabbed hand lifting to push his dark hair away from his eyes, before he dove into his work. Calculating the trajectory, who could possibly get in the way of his next kill. His mind swarmed as he planned.

The chill from his most recent kill had worn off within a few days, the numbness had disappeared from his veins, it only allowed him more time to think of the girl sitting so close, yet so far away from him.

His calloused fingers flipped through blueprints, calculating the possible risk that would come from his next target. He wasn't worried, Ash Venator never was.