eight

Kingston, New York

Kingston, New York

November 26, 2018

05:11

Everything I ever thought I knew, i'm questioning because of her.

-A

His ebony hair whipped before his eyes as he climbed down from his window, silently making his way off of the roof.

Ash knew if he didn't do this, Hazel would never be safe.

Snow almost completely covered his vision, the white substance blending with the dark, creating the type of storm their town hadn't seen in years.

He carefully maneuvered his way off the roof and as soon as Ash's body landed on the ground, he glanced back at the house, finding a singular window on the top level; a vague silhouette standing before the light.

His mother would always watch him leave, and she would be worriedly be standing in the same place by the time he returned.

Ash moved methodically, it seemed as if the chill from his next kill was already hitting him before he took another life. This kill, would prove to be one of the most detrimental out of his career.

Target 247.

None of Ash's previous kills were personal: he was given a target, their location, and just how difficult of a kill it would be.

Ash had absolutely no idea that taking the life of Hazel's father would lead to rethinking his entire life, his training, his career.

During the drive to Hazel's home, Ash found his mind to be eerily silent. The moment Hazel opened the door with blood streaming down her temples, his mind already formulated his strategy; make it look like a natural death.

Ash parked a few blocks away from the rickety home Hazel grew up in, his hands clenching in the leather gloves as he walked through the snow, avoiding any light in the dark of the night.

His mind silenced as soon as her home came into view, no light emitting from the home that had been Hazel's personal hell for years.

A scowl etched it's way onto his face as he entered the backyard, silently making his way to the sliding glass door. It was already unlocked, which made his job easier.