seven

Kingston, New York

Kingston, New York

November 26, 2018

02:48

I want her to be safe.

-A

As Ash and Hazel sat silently on the couch, her mind drifted to what would happen when she did return home, or even if she would return back to the house she had grown up in, only to have her thoughts interrupted by the sound of the door opening.

A woman stood in the doorway. She was much smaller than Ash, but maybe a few inches taller then Hazel. Everything about the woman screamed elegance, even if she was in simple attire. The only trait Hazel recognized were the striking green eyes she shared with Ash.

The woman's gaze trailed over the girl sitting on the couch, a ghost of a smile appearing on her lips.

So this was the girl that caught Ash's attention.

Ash leaned forward, his gaze meeting with his mothers, before he spoke. "Mother, this is Hazel Williams. I forgot to tell you she'll be spending the night." All his mother would need was a name, then she would know everything about the broken teen staying in her home.

"Of course, that's fine. I wanted to inform you that your father would like to speak to you as soon as he gets home," Her eyes shifted to Hazel, noting the blood that dried down the side of her face, and the bandage that stuck out on her forehead. It seemed as if she weren't worried about the girl.

She knew that Ash would take care of her, even if his father would completely oppose the idea.

Serena Venator knew he wouldn't have brought her home unless he cared for her.

"Make sure she gets something to eat before you head off to bed." Serena spoke, before giving a nod to Hazel as she left the room, closing the door behind her.

Hazel's mind became scrambled at his mother, it seemed as if she didn't even care that a teenager was sitting in her home with a head wound.

Little did Hazel know, his mother had seen injuries worse than her own.

Ash turned his attention to the girl sitting on the couch, his gaze immediately trailing to the bandage on her forehead. It distracted him from the beauty that seemed to radiate off of her.

He wondered why he was so drawn to someone that was tainted by this world, but still continued to be innocent.