four

Kingston, New York

Kingston, New York

November 26, 2018

00:21

I finally found out what was going on in that house of hers.

Hazel held her bag in her freezing hand as she walked up the steps to the small home. The light was on, which was never a good sign. 

She took a shaky breath as she opened the door quickly, the wind howling as she stepped inside, her father sitting on the couch with a beer bottle in his hand.

Her father was surrounded by empty bottles of all sorts, while the home was an absolute mess. The entire house had a strong scent of alcohol, which made her sick to her stomach, Hazel absolutely detested living there.

"You're late." He spoke, his fingers gripping the bottle harshly as his eyes stayed glued on the television set, instead of even eyeing the scared to death teen that was standing against the door.

"The basketball game ran late, I'm sorry." Hazel informed, even though it was a lie, she needed a chance of getting out of what was coming to her.

Hazel stiffened as her father turned, his bloodshot eyes narrowing at the small girl leaning against the worn front door. "You know the rules, Hazel." He announced, lifting the beer bottle to take the last swig of the substance inside. "I only ask three things of you, and you can't even bother to acknowledge the rules?" Hazel flinched at his voice, her fingers curling into fists as she gripped her backpack.

She wouldn't even dare meet his gaze.

"It was snowing and I walked as fast as I could." She tried to explain, pleading with him as she knew what he would do-- which wouldn't exactly be pleasant.

Within an instant, pain spread through her head as the beer bottle clashed against it, the glass imbedding in her skin. Her bag dropped to the floor. 

A large gash opened along her hairline, while small gashes started leaking blood on the left side of her face.