Six.

Guys! please check out my Niall Horan fanfic Find Me!! it would mean a lot x

If you ever feel like talking for any reason,my inbox and tumblr ask are always open, as well as my kik! My kik user is DanielleAlanah x

...

The streets are full of noise, bright lights and more people than I've ever seen in my life.  Having grown up here I'm used to the people and the noise, but this is so much different.  There are people smiling and laughing everywhere you turn, bundled up to be sheltered from the cold winter air.  Streets are blocked off, security is in abundance but they seem to be having a good time too.  All the high strung businessmen of the morning are now rid of their suits and lost in the crowd.  The energy is overwhelming, the noise overpowering but the thrill is just perfect.

I breath it in, take it all in.  I didn't realize how much I missed Time's Square on New Year's Eve until now.  This is so much better than sitting around with people I hardly spoke to in a dorm room and drinking booze out of red cups.  This is real, this is exciting.  There's life and joy everywhere and it tries consumes me so I let it. 

Harry's hand is still tight on mine as we push through the crowds with our little group.  The rest of the evening at my mum's was perfectly fine, I actually enjoyed myself as did Harry.  My hand never left his just like I'd promised.  I haven't felt this good in a long time, right now there is nothing clouding my mind and all the worries of tomorrow are shoved to back where they will not be retrieved tonight.

"Come on," I lean up and mumble in Harry's ear, tugging on his hand.  I can't help the smile that seems to sit permanently on my face.  It feels good to smile for something real.

"Now?  We're just going to leave them?" Harry chuckles, a smirk playing at his pink lips.  I nod and pull him to the outskirts of the crowd before we get too far.

"I told my mom we wouldn't be watching the ball drop with them, she didn't ask questions," I explain.  Harry grins sweetly and kisses the top of my head before letting me take the lead.

I'm giddy and excited, my stomach bubbling up inside of me making me want to laugh or jump around or run.  I have so much energy, my blood is coursing in the excitement and anticipation for the new year.

I pull Harry down an alley between two buildings but he doesn't ask questions even though I see the confusion on his face.  He pulls me a little closer to him as we go.  I'm surprised Harry doesn't know this shortcut, I found it with Niall years ago as did other kids who lived in our building or in our area.  It's the fastest way to get to Times Square without having to walk all around downtown.

We emerge on a quieter street since everyone is either in their homes or out in the crowds we left behind.  There are still many cars but not nearly as many as during the week.  We cross the street and I can see in Harry's face that he understands where I'm going now.  We haven't been there since Parker was taken into custody and I'm antsy about going there now, but that rooftop is still one of my fondest memories that I have of Harry and I from the past three months.

I slip his card from my coat pocket and use it to open the gate of the courtyard.

"Where did you get that?" He raises his eyebrows, his eyes alight with amusement.