Eleven.

...

Harry's POV

Last night after I put Niall to bed and he fell asleep muttering nonsense to himself and smelling like beer, I climbed back into bed to find Sky had dressed and was fast asleep.

I couldn't sleep even before Niall started snoring.  I couldn't calm my mind, I couldn't sort out my thoughts.  I was more than happy to have Skylar in my arms knowing that we were moving forward.  But in the back of my mind the guilt was still resting and keeping me awake.

Even after I slept through the night and woke up it was still there.  As Niall took us around the city for a visit it was there.  It was there when we got back to the hotel and packed our things to catch the plane and it is still here now as I sit with my legs cramped in front of me and the clouds passing by outside my window.

She was honest with me last night even though I knew she had not wanted to tell me her reason for being in Seattle.  She was honest and I was not.  I didn't tell her what I had discovered the night before about my tendencies while I was drunk and trapped in a haze when she left me.  I still hardly believe it myself which makes the thought of telling Skylar even more absurd.  I know I should tell her but the habits I used to have are pushing me to keep it hidden as long as possible.

For now, we have a lot more to deal with when we land in New York.  Parker reopened today.

"I wonder what's going on at work right about now," I mumble as I peer out the window. 

The cabin of the plane is as quiet as it can get the rumbling of the engines and the wind passing us by as high speeds.  A few people chat, most of them watching the movie displayed on the screens, reading or asleep.  The sun is starting to set just outside the window casting gold light into the cabin.

I glance back at Skylar only to find her frowning and playing with her fingers in her lap.  "What is it?"

"I don't know, just the thought of having to go back... It doesn't feel right," she says and shakes her head slightly.

"I know what you mean," I tell her honestly.  I know exactly what she is feeling.  It all feels corrupted.

"I had just forgotten about it these past couple days," she shrugs and sighs as she rests her head on my shoulder.  I take in a deep breath, her contact calming me as it always does. 

"I had too for a while, but we can't run away from it forever.  This is a new beginning, what's done is done," I tell her quietly and kiss her head.

She looks up to meet my gaze with her deep brown eyes and gives me a soft smile.  "I know."

I can't help but feel as if we're talking about more than just work and it kills me.  Here we are both convinced the past is behind us, the illusion convincing and the truth hidden, but I know the truth.  As much as I believe we are moving forward I know that the one night we were apart is still holding us back whether she knows it or not.

The flight is halfway through and Niall is asleep with his headphones plugged in and I feel Skylar fall asleep on my shoulder, her breathing deepening and her mouth falling open.  Once again I'm the only one awake and I don't want to be left alone with my thoughts.

"Ni," I mumble quietly as I reach over Skylar and hit his shoulder gently.  He stirs and looks up at me, blinks a few times and furrows his eyebrows.

"What?" He questions quietly, his eyes only half open.

"I need to talk man," I sigh, looking down at Skylar on my shoulder.  My stomach clenches and when I look up at Niall he's nodding. 

"She asleep?" He asks nodding to Sky.