Chapter Four: The Silver-Haired Bat

At the police headquarters, Ari explains the situation to three police officers. Listening to her story, the officer with brown hair become confused.

"Okay, let me get this straight: you were attacked by the olcadans and you were saved by these young men who happens to be darkwings?", he asked.

Surprised, Ari scoffed. "I'm telling you, there wasn't just one olcadan. There were like...thirty-four of them and one of them scratched my arm and knee", she said angrily.

The officer with dirty blonde hair gave Ari a suspicious look.

"Do you have any proof?", he asked. Realizing she doesn't have any proof, Ari got up and slowly took off her jacket. Then, she slowly unwraps the gauze around her arm and showed it to the officers.

"Looks pretty clear to me", said the officer with black hair. Confused, Ari looked at her arm again. The scratches are gone.

"What? I don't understand. There were supposed to be marks and―", she said when the 1st officer interrupted her words.

"Listen kid, I don't know what kind of sick fantasy world you are living in but there are no such thing as olcadans or darkwings. So now if you excuse us...", he said as he grabbed Ari's wrist and led her to the door.

"Can you just listen to me for one minute?", said Ari when the officer slams the door in her face.

"Heh...kids these days", he said softly.

Walking out of the police station, Ari sighed as she goes in the van. Believing that the scratches are still there, Ari took off her jacket and look at her arm―again, the scratches are still gone.

"Impossible. They were right here", she said surprisingly. Ari lifted her leg up on the dashboard and roll up her pant leg. As she unwraps the gauze, she discovered that her cut is completely gone. She couldn't believe it. The tonic that Leon used to treat her wounds actually worked. As she gently stroke her knee, the sound of an explosion appeared and it made Ari jumped. She quickly got out of the van and saw what appears to be smoke coming from a forest fire. Wanting to see what's going on, Ari ran deeper and deeper into the trees. As she entered a clearing, she got the shock of her life.

In a secluded section of the forest, another battle was raging. Leon, Julien, and Cole were defending themselves against five olcadans. Seeing this, Ari gasped. The olcadan flaps up and flies toward the boys but Cole takes off and with his wings, he strikes him by the torso, causing the olcadan to fall down. Ari can feel a chill running down her spine as she observes the darkwings fighting back. With the olcadan out of the way, Cole flies down and joins in with Leon and Julien. The boys locked eyes on three olcadans as they come into the light.

"It's time to know your place", said Leon. Hearing Leon taunting at him, the olcadan in the middle smiled evilly as he chuckled.

"No, it's time to know your place", he said. The boys got themselves in a fighting stance but they weren't ready for what's coming. The middle olcadan flies up and charges toward them, knocking them to the ground. Seeing this, Ari cover mouth in shock.

"Wow, nice one, what should we do, now?", said the olcadan to the left. The middle olcadan turned to the boys and smiled evilly.

"I think we should make a painful death for them", he said as he got closer to the boys as they reverted back to normal. Seeing that the boys are in trouble, Ari felt like she had to do something. She looked around and saw a thirty-inch stick that is right by her side and slowly grabbed it. With the stick in her hand, Ari slowly came out of her hiding spot as she approaches behind the distracted olcadan. As she grips on it, Ari can feel her hands trembling.