The Big Bang

Alright, so this is my first time doing this, so I'm still getting the hang of things. Please bear with me and I hope you like it!

          -          -          -          -          -          -          -         -          -          -          

My name is Sophie Foster. And I would like to say that my life so far was pretty under control. That is until the incident I like to call the Big Bang. It all started on a cold November morning and a warm bed, which is the reason I was running down the hallway late to my first class.

I was running down the hallway, bag half open with papers hanging dangerously out, a rumpled shirt that I evidently slept in, a pair of jeans, a jacket, textbooks in my arms, and my hair falling out of its messy bun I tied in hopes of hiding my bed head. I was running down the hallway as fast I would dare until I turned a corner and hit a brick wall. 

Turns out the wall was a person who ended up toppling over along with all my papers. 

"Oof" 

"Sorry" I mumble as I try to pick up my mess, trying not to look at my brick wall. 

"You ok? That fall was bigger than Rome's" The brick wall said. 

"um... yup." I manage to squeak. 

"here let me help," he said as he handed me one of my textbooks, "Huh. Law. So I guess you are one of the smarty-pants that go here." 

"Um... thanks?" I mumble. 

And that was the moment I looked up. let me start off with... BAD DECISION! He was probably a year older than me and was cute in a messy way.  He had messed up to perfection hair, rumpled clothes, slouched posture, that all looked too good for someone to just had been crashed into. But the thing that caught my attention the most were his eyes. They were an icy blue that have glimmers of mischief in them. I caught myself staring and quickly looked away, face flushing. 

"So. Where is your first class?" He asked. 

"I could ask you the same thing?" 

"Aha! So she speaks!" 

My feet become very interesting as I stand up. My plan is to walk around him and then continue running. Hopefully, I'll still make it to class before it ends. But then it turns out that he had other ideas. 

"Yo. Where do you think you are going? Huh? Can't I be a gentleman and walk you to class?" he steps in front of me, arms out wide blocking the hallway. Damn him having long arms and this small hallway! 

"I-um...gotta go" I spin and run the other way. I hear him calling after me. "Well. That took a turn of events" 

I can't help it as my lips start to turn upwards. I run until I find the first bathroom. I can skip this period. Who needs to know about criminal law anyways?