Chapter 24:

I stared at Jason's face for a long time. What was he doing in my bed? Did we have sex? I looked under the sheet and saw that, thankfully, I was still fully clothed. I was not having sex until I was married. Well, at least not with Jason. I have always imagined that when I met my mate we would have the most gorgeous pink wedding and then afterwards we would have our honeymoon on a tropical island and that was when we would have sex. Well that was how I imagined it when I was thirteen. Now, my dream have changed but the main idea is still the same I want to get married before I have sex. Call me old - fashioned but, it was my childhood dream and I owe at least that much to my younger self.

        I silently crept from under the sheet and out of the bed. I needed to think over what I heard from Alpha Fraud and I couldn't do it with Jason around overloading my senses. I silently tiptoed to the door, opened it and tiptoed outside before closing it silently. If he awoke, he would wonder what I was doing and I was sworn to secrecy, literally. I had to do a blood oath.

        I crept down the stairs and out the front door into the yard. I almost forgot that I wasn't wearing any shoes until I felt the gravel under my feet. One particularly sharp piece cut me. I wanted to go back for some shoes, but I knew I had no time to waste as I needed to contact Adam immediately and tell him what I had heard. Ignoring the stinging pain in my foot, I ran towards the forest.

           I ran for about five minutes before I reached the middle of the forest.  There was a giant and I mean giant Oak tree there. I started to climb it so that when I masked my scent nobody could find me.  I sat on the tallest branch of the tree and had basically a 360 view of all around me.   I decided that before I contacted Adam I had to think and try to figure out what Fraud and his Luna said.

      Fraud is trying to destroy someone. But who would he want to destroy? I tried to milk my brain for some answers.OK. Who does Fraud hate?" If he hated someone, knowing him, he would most likely try to kill them, but who does he hate?  He hates everyone" I said out loud to myself. Everyone as in werewolves. He wants to destroy us, werewolves. So, by reason of deduction that rumour of him working with the vampires could be true.  They are the only people who hate werewolves more than Fraud, even though he is one.

        I decided not to tell Adam as yet. I wanted, no, I needed actual evidence that Fraud was working with the vampires, not just some speculation.  I recognized Fraud's scent coming into the forest along with the faint scent of a human. I stayed in my tree and making sure that my scent was properly masked, peered down at them.  Into the clearing came Fraud and Mark, my human mate. 

    Fraud was carrying a large sack on his back. The scent hit me. The sack carried a dead body.  I was revolted at the scent and was even more revolted when Fraud opened the sack and dropped the dead body on the ground. I forced myself to look at the body because it wasn't like I hadn't killed before, but this was different. The body looked like it was ripped to pieces. There were hundreds of open wounds on its pale frame. One paticular set attracted me. It looked like the claw marks of a werewolf, dug into the man's skin. Next to the deep claw marks was a wound, a very strange wound. It looked slightly  familiar. I struggled to remember where I had seen it before. Then it hit me, the two strange circular wounds, were where a vampire bit him.

           It was strange very strange. I looked at the body closer, not a drop of blood was left in the man. The vampire had drunk him dry. But, how could that man be killed by both a Vampire and a Werewolf?  Werewolves and vampires hate each other, even though were both creatures of the night. Well most of us hate each other. Some of them can actually be very nice, but there is a lot of bad blood between us. They would never work together.