Stem 8: The Lion, Part 4

Standing in front of Leleonus, Vervain winked. "Ah, but it is, I'm afraid. All true, totally true. The clans, the previous war- The upcoming war." 

    Leleonus trekked forward, jumping out of the tree as Vervain dived out first. "I don't want a war! This is all too fucked up. I just- I just wanna be a student again. Or, better yet, I just- Ah! I just wanted to leave this tree!" 

    "Ah, but the 'hero's journey' is all about leaving the comfort-zone, Lele." Vervain held a fist out in front of her. "Besides, did you not put two and two together yet, or are you just in denial? Hmph." 

    "I'm tired of the sass! Tell me everything you know." Leleonus put his arm out, commanding a series of vines to jab into Vervain's legs, his irises transitioning to a pure white. 

     After a scream belted its way out of her, Vervain shook. "Th- The 'Lion' was the most brutal killer during that war. There's always that one side, isn't there, whether it be country, nation, or rebellion, who overdoes it and ruins the fun for everybody else. You see, I'm a member of the Wildos clan, too, and I... have always wanted to destroy the Lion. And you- Your purple eyes, your royal and fair hair, that diction, that voice, that tone, that proper etiquette! It's you. You're the diabolical monster, Leleonus Deluge!" 

     Tilting his head back, Leleonus grinned, and yawned. 

      Vervain gasped. Hm, he's not fazed? 

      Nodding, Leleonus chuckled. "Heh, perhaps it was because, even back then, I knew that war was wrong. Rather than live by a righteous lifestyle, however, I tried playing God." 

      Vaal's expression fell wrought with disgust. "Leleonus? So you- You're accepting it, now. You don't deny-" 

      "Deny that I was a person who didn't like war back then, either? I don't wanna deny that, Vaal. No, I fear I'll never be able to deny that. I did what I thought was best, at that time. Huh! Yes," Leleonus looked down at his hand, spores turning sharp as they grew out of his pale palm. "it's all coming back to me, now. The war was hell for all, because I created a lack of trust between all the 'teams'. We were going to destroy civilization, you know? It's a shame, because if civilization hadn't existed so soon back then, by the time you all had your 'fight', I may have let the war drag on." Leleonus raised his brow. 

      Vervain coughed, her legs bleeding out a golden sap. 

      "But you know, around that time, there were already others, happily spectating our little show- And how do you think they would've felt? They had some seriously heinous magic, those faeries! The vampyres, the de'Navra- All younger than us, but who were on, perhaps, much better -- more loyal -- terms with the... Tribunal Faeries."