Stem 13: The Girl and The End, Part 1

"N- Natalie, what the hell do you think you're doing?" Max's fingers went white as he gripped his sword, the paint blue with yellow streaks

     "Why? You must not know much about these 'people', or how I'm one of them. Cain, as his name went, will survive. Droop into the grass and come out... on the other side... somewhere." Her stance frozen, Natalie stood on one leg. 

     Milford pivoted back. I don't know what's going on. I'm not psychic or anything, am I? No, and yet... I'm getting such a bad vibe from this girl. What was her name?  Over the grass, his shoes rustled. 

     Natalie turned to him. "And who might you be?" 

     "Natalie! Wh- What's going on? I- I haven't seen you... in forever." Max belted. "Y- You're... okay. You seem to be doing well, and I'm so gl-" 

     "Shut up!" A shriek exploded from the girl, both feet now planted over the ground. "I'm not here for a pretty, little reunion, Max." 

     "Wh- Nat, what?"  

     Amy put a hand on her lover's shoulder. "Max, I'm not totally sure what's going on, but this girl seems... like she's got a stick up her butt." 

     Natalie's head jerked. 

     Jumping in front of Amy, Max held his sword up. I don't know what's gotten into her, but that head-jerk was definitely not of this Earth. 

     "'Stick up my bum', huh? Ha, Max, who's this?" 

     "Hm. Nice of you to ask. My girlfriend." 

     Natalie's eye twitched. Her gaze falling, a gust of wind blew between her legs. Tilting her neck, the girl drummed her fingers across the hilt of her sword. 

     "I'm sorry?" A bit of a break in her voice came through. "That girl must not know how fucked up you are, if that's the case." 

     Max's eyes shook. "N- Natalie? Wh- What the hell, yo?" 

     "Hm? You seem confused." 

     "I am. What the hell's gotten into you? I- I haven't seen you in a year or so, and this is how you make your reentry into my life?" 

     Pointing her sword at him, the blonde licked her lips. "No worries, my 'reentry' will be the last thing you ever see." 

     "Milford," Max kept his eyes on Natalie. "you got any tags or parchments that pacify people?" 

     Rummaging through his back-pockets, Milford felt his heart beat quicker. "Now that you mention it, I do! It's got chamomile, alcohol, and lavender melded into it- At the weirdest of ways, and somethin' else is in it, too, that-"