Stem 14: The Girl and The End, Part 2

"No, Amy, you won't," Natalie put her hand out as a fleshy, green eye blinked, at the opposing girl, from her palm

     "No, Amy, you won't," Natalie put her hand out as a fleshy, green eye blinked, at the opposing girl, from her palm. "because I only wanna fight Max. Just... Max. Max is, you could say, the 'maximum' number of people I'd wanna fight. Hah! Yeah. It's tragic, though. Tragic that he still lives. The one who ruined it all for me." 

    "Natalie, what are you-" 

    "Don't give me that shit!" Natalie jumped to Max, their swords sending a shock-wave through the field, once more. 

     Damn, if this is how their fight is starting, I think Amy and I should leave before it gets any... worse. Milford nodded over to Max's girlfriend. "We need to go." 

     Amy shook her head. "I'm not gonna let-" 

     Appearing behind her, Milford sighed. "And I'm not gonna let you get caught in the middle of this. I don't even think I can fight this girl, judging by the vibes I'm getting." 

     "What the? How are you already over here, you're not a Davidian anymo-" 

     "Yeah, funny story- One of the scrolls I have gives me super-speed." 

     Lifting his sword, Max let it go over Natalie's shoulder, then scooped it up. Falling back, the girl caught her breath. Pulling at a side of her hair, she began to snort. 

     "Y- You... c- cut my hair." 

     Max glared. "Consider that a... warning slice." 

     Milford face-palmed, his back to the fight. I don't think he understands just how seriously dumb and off-tone that was. 

     "You'll pay for that. You'll pay! Just like you'll pay for how you let Kyle die!" 

     Nodding, Max jumped back. Hosanna was right. She really is mad over what happened. But, Natalie, do you really think I'm happy about it, either? 

      "The world doesn't need anymore de'Navra! Your kind- Your disgusting, useless existence should just shrivel up and die. All you do is bring trouble wherever you go! You evil, impulsive, ugly monster." 

      His stomach began to tighten. 

      Stepping back, Max's gaze fell to the grass. His head twitching around, the skin on his arms began to turn tan. 

      "M- Max?" Milford put a hand on Amy's shoulder, turning back. 

      His throat bobbing from compulsive swallowing, Max's eye twitched. Breathing quickening, tremors spread throughout his lips. Each breath that fell out, and returned up his nostrils, had a series of crackling shakes within itself. 

      "I- Is that what I am? I'm really just some... monster, in the end, huh?"

      Natalie cocked her head. "Hm? Wow, I never thought I'd see this side of you."