The Confession

The Heart Shaped Locket

Chapter 5

The Confession

Ellie's POV

"Ellie.... Wake...up..." I felt someone calling my name while gently shaking my shoulders.

I slowly pried my eyes open, and a smiling, dashing chinito face greeted me.

Those tantalizing chinky eyes, that pointy nose, and those inviting luscious lips that I'd kiss anytime.

I just stared at him, and he was doing the same too. Then he suddenly waved his hands back and forth in front of my face, bringing me back to my senses.

I quickly looked away and rubbed my eyes and stretched.

"Come on... Let's go..." Nico said then got out of the car. Being the gentleman that he is, he went around the car and opened my door, and reached for my arms to pull me out.

Once out of the car, I observed the whole place.

The place was beautiful, majestic. The cool fresh air filled the whole atmosphere. Very different from the city. There were farmers harvesting their crops a couple yards away. There was an orchard within our reach. Mr. Sun was up, smiling at us.

"Where are we?" I asked Nico, who was beside me, also observing the serene view in front of us.

"Welcome to Rancho Paraiso." he said, and rested one of his hands around my shoulders, whilst the other was tucked in his pocket.

"It's beautiful out here.... Is this all yours?" I asked, looking up at him.

He nodded.

"Yeah. It's been owned by the Montealegres for a long time. My Lolo Fernando said that my great grandpa bought this whole property from the Salvador family for a good amount of money. My Lolo grew

up here, before they moved to Manila." he explained.

"Who runs this place then, since you're all in Manila?" I asked,

"We have caretakers. Very trustworthy people. Come, I want you to meet them." He said then dragged me towards the mansion.

"Lola Fe!" he called out when we were inside.

The place looked beautiful. Very provincial yet sophisticated.

"Oh Nico! What are you doing here?!" A slightly chubby woman greeted us, she was probably in her 60s. Shock was evident on her face, she probably wasn't expecting us here.

"Lola Fe! How are you po?" Nico asked after departing from their warm embrace.

"Ok naman. Eh ikaw?" Lola Fe asked,

"Okay naman po. Oh and this is Ellie po. A friend." he introduced me,

"Hi hija." She greeted then hugged me.

"You didn't tell me you were going to come, that way we could have prepared." She said,

"Well it was a sudden decision po eh. We weren't originally planning on coming here, pero we've decided to change plans." Nico explained,

"Oh that's good. We haven't seen you in a while na eh. Oh, are you guys hungry? Come, I prepared a little bit of food, coincidentally it's your favorite Nico." she said,

"Sinigang na hipon po!?" Nico asked, like a giddy child that just got rewarded with a chocolate bar.

Me and Lola Fe chuckled.