The Meeting

The Heart Shaped Locket

The Meeting

Nico's POV

*rrrrrrinngg rrrriiinnnggg*

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing. Someone's calling. I checked the caller ID, it was Papa.

"Hello Pa?" I answered.

Shit. My head hurts as hell. I'm having this massive hangover.

"Nico, where are you?" Papa asked,

"Sa Condo, why?" I responded,

"Can you come to the house later on for lunch... I want you to meet someone, your Tito Johnny's here... You still remember your Tito Johnny right?" Dad said,

"Yeah, I remember him... Hmmm, okay Pa, I'll come. See you later! Bye!" I said then ended the call...

I got up from my bed and headed to the kitchen... My head hurts as f*ck. I prepared some coffee and toast.

After eating, I headed to the bathroom to take a cold shower. I needed to ease this hangover.

As I was taking a shower, I suddenly remembered something from 15 years ago... It was a special moment, one that until now, I still can't seem to forget...

*****flashback; 15 years ago*****

We were at the carnival; me, Mama, and Sofia, my younger sister.

"Oh Nico, you just stay here ha, I just have to take this important call. Look after your little sister ha. I'll just take a while..." Mama told me, I nodded and with that she walked away to somewhere quiet...

I was walking around with my little sister and our nanny, when suddenly...

Someone bumped into me...

"I'm sorry, are you okay?" I asked while I helped her get up, she was pretty. We were about the same age.

"I'm sorry... I didn't see you... Thank you!" she said back,

"That's all right, I'm Nico by the way," I said and extended my hand,

"Nice to meet you Nico, I have to go!" She shook my hand, and then started walking away, she was rushing, and it was as if she was running away from someone.

"Wait! What's your name!?" I shouted,

She looked back and shouted something, but I couldn't quite hear her well.

Oh well. I sighed. I looked down, then saw something on the ground. It was a golden heart shaped locket. I picked it up. I studied the locket, there were the letters "M.E.T." engraved on it. I opened it and saw a picture of a guy, probably in his 30s, with a little girl. They both looked happy, with smiles up to their ears.

This was probably the little girl's, I thought to myself. She might have dropped it earlier when we bumped into each other.

"Nico! Let's go!" Mama called me,

"Coming!" I replied, I shoved the locket into my pocket, then started walking towards my Mama and my sister.

*****end of flashback*****

That's so weird. Why did I suddenly remember that?

After showering, I got dressed to go to the family mansion for lunch.

As I was getting ready, I got something from my drawer. It was a wooden antique box. Inside were some special things given to me, there were jewelry and possessions passed on to me from my ancestors and some other special things. I scoured the pile, and suddenly found it. What I was looking for. The locket. I took it from the box, and carefully touched the engravings on it. "M.E.T." Hmm, I wonder what that stands for.