The Pancake House

The Heart Shaped Locket

The Pancake House

Nico's POV

*ding dong*

I pressed the doorbell of the Villarica's residence.

It was 8 am sharp. I have to take Ellie around. I don't know how I got myself in this situation, Mama and Tita Marge were just really so persistent, and I didn't have a choice but to say yes to them. It's not that I don't want to be here, or be with Ellie, it's just that I know it will be really awkward. I don't know why, but whenever I'm around her, I feel different. It's as if a new Dominico Montealegre emerges. I'm not the quiet type, I'm usually the loud person. The ice-breaker. But, when I'm around her, I just couldn't find the right words to say, and completely blank out.

"Oh hijo, you're finally here. Come in!" Tito Johnny opened the door and greeted me in.

"Good morning po." I greeted,

I stepped in and took a seat on the sofa in their living room.

"Just wait here, I'll call Ellie. Do you want anything to drink? Manang Luisa can you come accompany Nico while I call Ellie," Tito Johnny said, then left me to go call Ellie.

An older woman probably in her 60s came out of the kitchen... She was slightly chubby, but she looked nice.

"Sir, may gusto po ba kayo, inumin, kainin? Sabihin nyo lang po." Manang Luisa asked,

"Hindi po. I'm not hungry or thirsty. Salamat na lang po." I replied.

"Oh sige po Sir. Sabihin nyo lang kung may kailangan kayo," she replied then left,

I just smiled and nodded.

"Oh hijo, are you alright? Are you sure you don't want to eat or drink anything? Ellie will come down in a bit," Tito Johnny said,

"I'm fine po, thank you." I replied,

Then, after a while I noticed someone coming down the stairs.

It was Ellie. She was wearing a floral dress, with white flats, and a white mini Chanel shoulder bag. Her hair was curled as well. She looked amazing. Beautiful, rather.

I smiled at her, and I caught her blushing.

"Hi!" she greeted,

"Hey! Umm, you look...umm, beautiful." I stuttered,