Chapter 16: Different

copyright ©reserved

Chae Young was not herself ever since that day. Ever since Taehyung told her she meant nothing to him. She knew she didn't have a real reason to be upset or sad. They weren't a thing. So, why did she feel like her heart was broken?

Everyone realised the change in her. Even her mother who was almost never at home. It worries everyone, especially Jungkook. She was always a sunny and happy person, so when she was down, he knew that there was something seriously wrong with her. That something terrible happened.

Chae was sitting on the couch binging on chips and K-dramas. She didn't go to school because she said she wasn't feeling well. But her not wanting to go to school wasn't because she was sick. But because she didn't feel like facing Taehyung. She didn't see him since that day and nor did he visit Jungkook in the past few days which Chae was very thankful for.

The door opened and Jungkook walked in.

"Hey Chae." he greeted.

She didn't greet him back. Just kept her eyes on the TV in front of her.

He sighed and sat down next to her.

"What's wrong Chae? You haven't been yourself lately. What happened? Tell me. You tell me everything. Please. I'm worried about you."

When she didn't reply, he grabbed the remote and turned off the TV.

"Hey!"

"I'm talking to you Chae Young." he said sternly.

She puffed out her cheeks, "Fine. But when we're done, give me back the remote."

"Deal. Now, are you going to tell me what's up with you."

"I have no idea what you're talking about." she said folding her arms.

"Come on. Don't lie to me. I know you Chae. I know that something happened. You haven't been yourself at all the last couple if days. Talk to me Chae. You've always told me if something was bothering you. I don't want you to stop now." he pleaded.

"Fine. I'll tell you. But, you have to promise not to get mad at me."

"I promise."

"On the night of my birthday party, I drank. A lot. And, something happened." she said looking down while fidgeting with her fingers.

Now Jungkook was really worried. What could've happened?

"What happened Chae?"

"I...I slept with someone."

Jungkook's eyes widened.

"What?"

"I didn't know what I was doing. I was drunk. Some of what happened that night is still foggy."

"Who?"

Chae lifted her head.

"Who did you have sex with?"

Chae panicked. She knew Jungkook would probably kill Taehyung if he knew they slept together. And, Jungkook would lose his best friend.

"It doesn't matter."

"What are you talking about? Of course it matters! You were drunk! The guy took advantage of your fragility."

"Please Jungkook. I just want to forget about it and move on. Can we just stop now?"

Jungkook still desperately wanted to know who took advantage of his sister, but left it there. He saw how upset she already was and he didn't want to make it worse.

"Alright. Come here sis."

They hugged.

***

Jungkook was sitting in his room when Taehyung walked in. He noticed Jungkook's clenched fists.

"Hey Kookie." he said sitting next to Jungkook.

"Hey."

"What's up with you? You seem angry for some reason. And I've never seen you angry. What's wrong?"

"Not with me."

Taehyung looked at him confused.

"It's my sister. Something happened to her."

"What do you mean?"

"On her birthday, she got drunk and slept with someone."

Taehyung's eyes widened.

"But the thing is, she won't tell me who it was with. It's probably because she knows I'd break every bone in his body for taking advantage of her in that drunk state. She could barely stand up straight. Never mind know what was going on. And he took advantage of her. But, the thing I don't get is, why won't she tell me who it is? She says it's because she's just trying to forget but I feel like there's more to it. But, then again, why would she protect the jerk after what he did to her? It just doesn't make sense. Does she like him? Does she maybe like the guy and that's why she's protecting him? But, why would she like a guy like that? None of this makes sense!"

Taehyung didn't know what to say. He was in fact the guy. The guy that Jungkook was so mad at. The reason Jungkook was mad in the first place. The person Chae is protecting.

But there was one thing he too didn't understand. Why is she protecting him? Surely, it would be easy for her to just tell Jungkook the truth. So, why didn't she say anything?

Hi guys. So this was kind of a filler chapter.

So, why do you guys think she's protecting Taehyung? It was made clear in the chapter that she was doing it to protect Jungkook, but could there be more to it? Comment on your thoughts.

Don't forget to vote as well.

Saranghae 💕💗💖💓❤️😍😘