Chapter 22: Friendzoned

copyright ©reserved

CHAE YOUNG'S POV

I...I like Taehyung.

That was going through my mind ever since I realised it. I can't believe this! How could I let myself fall for him? The biggest player in the entire school. Of all guys, it just had to be him. I groaned and slammed my head against the hard and bare desk in the library.

I was currently studying with Eun Ha for our Chemistry test Friday.

"Chae? You okay?"

I lifted my head and simply nodded.

"Are you sure? Something seems to be weighing on your mind and I can tell because you're busy banging your head on the desk. You have a huge red mark on your forehead now."

"So? It's not like I have to look pretty for anyone. Who would care about this huge mark anyway? Definitely no one." I blurted out in frustration.

Her eyes widened, "Chae. You okay? What's with that outburst?"

I sighed and stood up, "I have to go."

"But what about studying for the test?"

"I'll just study at home." I said grabbing my books and walking out without even bothering to say bye.

I walked out of the school with my shoulders hanging low. Suddenly someone's hands covered my eyes, "Guess who?"

I immediately knew who it was due to his deep voice, but decided to tease him, "Eun Ha. Is that you?"

He immediately removed his hands and looked at me pouting, "Seriously? Which part of me sounded like Eun Ha? A girl for that matter."

I just laughed. He suddenly went quiet and I looked at him with confusion.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Why do you have a huge red mark on your forehead? What happened to you?" he asked bringing his hand to my forehead and resting it there.

I could feel my cheeks heat up due to his touch and hoped he didn't notice.

"You...you noticed?"

He nodded, "How can I not? It's red and it's like you're blushing, just on your forehead and not your cheeks. By the way, your cheeks are suddenly red too. Are you okay? Are you catching a cold? Is that why you're so red all over your face?"

I immediately shook my head, "No. I'm not sick. I just hit my head against the library desk by accident." I technically told the truth except the part that it was an accident.

He sighed, "Geez Chae. You need to be more careful you airhead."

"Did you just call me an airhead?"

"Yeah. So what of it?"

"Nothing." I said shaking my head.

"Great. Now let's go. I promised to meet Jungkook at your home after school so I might as well walk with you since we're going to the same place."

I nodded and we started walking.

We arrived at the house and as soon as we walked in, I saw her. My mom. Sitting on the couch waiting for me.

"Chae, we need to talk."

"I'll go find Jungkook upstairs." Taehyung said walking away.

I internally thanked him, since he knew what was going on.

I sat down next to my mom.

"I don't really think we have anything to talk about mom." I said emphasising the last word.

She sighed, "Please Chae. I know that you saw me. Us. Seok Beom and I. At the party."

"Yeah. And clearly you didn't care about that little detail since he kissed you in front of me and you let him."

"Chae please..."

"No. Mom. You can't possibly try to play this off or sugarcoat what you did. So, what's going on between you and this Seok Beom guy? Are you two dating?"

"Not exactly."

"But you guys were making out."

My mom looked down and I noticed the shame on her face.

"Mom. Tell me the truth. You owe me the much. What's going on between you and that man?"

"We met a few weeks ago. At a work function. He's one of the board members at the company. We chatted and went out for drinks. We both drank a lot and got equally drunk. One thing led to another and...you can guess what happened next."

I cringed at the thought of them two.

"So what? After you guys did what you did, you decided to date?"

"Not exactly."

"Enough with the not exactly. Just tell me already!" I said groaning in frustration.

"We decided to hang out more. We made a deal. We would only have fun together with no strings attached."

My eyes widened at the realization.

"You guys are...friends with benefits?"

My mom nodded shamefully.

"And does he know about Jungkook and I? That you have children?"

She nodded, "That's why he wouldn't date me. He says he doesn't want a woman with kids as her baggage."

"Well that's an insult. Why would you still be with him after he said that to you?"

"I know I should've broken it off the second he said that, but his sexual appeal is just too much for me. I can't resist him. No matter how hard I try."

I got disgusted.

"Okay. Mom. You should not have told me that. Okay? That is not something you tell your child okay?"

"I'm sorry."

"I honestly don't know what to say. I am very disappointed. But, I guess it's your life. If this is what you want, then who am I to stop you? I'm just a mere child." I says getting up.

"Chae-"

"You should tell Jungkook. So that he doesn't find out the way I did too." I said cutting my mom off.

She nodded and I made my way up the stairs and to my room.

I plopped down on my bed and sighed.

My door creaked open and Taehyung's head peaked through.

"Is it safe to come in or are you in beast mode?"

"Beast mode?" I asked confused.

"I'll take that as a no." he said walking in.

He sat down next to me.

"So, how did things go with your mom? I figured I'd ask since I'm the only one who knows what happened at the night of the party."

"They're friends with benefits."

His eyes widened with shock, "What?"

I nodded, "Yep. It's been going on for weeks now."

"And none of you noticed?"

"Nope. And that would explain why she was always late. She said it was for work but it was actually to meet up with him. I can't believe my mom lied to us. Continuously."

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine. By the way, you are acting way weird."

He tilted his head in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"You're being unusually nice to me. Why?"

"Well, I consider you my friend."

"We're friends?"

He nodded, "Yeah. Friends."

Friends. Ouch. I just got friendzoned.