Chapter 17: Apology

copyright ©reserved

CHAE YOUNG'S POV

I was getting ready for school. I decided that I wouldn't hide in the house anymore. And I am convinced that I can face Taehyung now. So, everything is now about me and no one else.

There was a knock on the door.

"Mor-" I stopped talking as I felt my heart stop.

I thought it was Jungkook at the door but it was actually Taehyung.

"What do you want?" I asked coldly.

"Can I come in?" he asked softly.

I was hesitant but nodded, what's the worse thing that could happen right now?

I nodded slowly.

"I was wondering if we could talk."

"Sure. What do you want to talk about?"

"Your brother told me you told him about the night of your birthday party. You told him that you slept with someone."

"That I did. I don't keep things from my brother." I said folding my arms.

"Why...why didn't you tell him that it was me? Why didn't you?" he asked tilting his head to the side in confusion.

I hate to admit it, but he looks so adorable right now. No wait. Stop thinking like that! You need to hate him!

"I didn't want Jungkook to get angry at you."

"Why not?"

"Because you're his best friend and he'd be really sad if he found out it was you. I'm not going to ruin Jungkook's friendship just because of something stupid that I did."

"Chae.."

"Please stop Taehyung. Look, I told you why okay so can you just leave now? I can't face you any longer." I said turning around.

"I'm sorry." I heard him say.

My eyes widened from shock as I turned around to face him again.

"What...what did you just say?"

He sighed, "I said I'm sorry."

I stood there frozen still. I didn't know how to react to that.

"Listen, this never happens okay, so at least try to accept my apology. You're right. I don't want to lose my friendship with Jungkook but I can't have you hate me either. You're his sister and he'd notice something was up."

My heart sank.

"Oh. So that's why you're apologizing? Not because you're actually sorry?" I said clenching my fists.

He looked down.

"Fine. I'll accept your apology. But only for Jungkook's sake. If it wasn't for him, I'd never forgive your not sorry ass." I said walking out of the room.

I jogged down the stairs and I felt tears threatening to pool out of my eyes. Why? Why did I think he did it because he was actually sorry? Why did I get my hopes up? He's a player. Why did I expect more from him? At least to me.

***

I was sitting alone on a bench at the park. I decided against going to school because I felt like I just needed a breathe of fresh air. And I knew that if I had to see him again, I'd probably burst out into tears. And I did not want him to know what he was doing to me.

"Big brother. Can I go play there?" the little boy caught my attention.

He was talking to an older guy who looked like he was just a few years older than me.

"Sure. Just be careful okay?"

The little boy nodded and ran off.

The guy chuckled and then looked at me. He caught me staring so I immediately looked away.

He sat down next to me. We sat in silence for a few minutes until he spoke, "Hi."

I could feel my cheeks heat up.

"Hi."

"What's your name?"

"Chae Young."

"Nice to meet you Chae Young. I'm Baekyun."

"Nice to meet you too."

"How old are you? You look young. Shouldn't you be at school right now?"he chuckled.

"I could ask you the same thing. You look young too."

"I'm at college and I'm currently on my holiday. You?"

"You're right. I should be at school. But, I figured I'd skip just this one day to relax here."

"I guess. That sounds nice actually. Do you have a family?"

I nodded, "A mom and an older brother."

"Really? I'm the older brother I'm my family."

"Really? How old are you exactly? Because you look really young."

"Thanks but I'm actually 24 years old."

"I find that hard to believe but I'll take your word for it."

We laughed.

"Yeah. This is actually the first time I've seen my family in a year."

"Why?"

"I study abroad and can't really come home for the weekends. I have two younger brothers and I really miss them. That is my youngest brother, Haneul. Then I have another younger brother, but he's not as young. He's at high school."

"It must be tough to stay away from your family for so long."

"It is. But I've gotten used to it. I'm almost done studying so..."

I was about to say something but my phone rang.

It was Jungkook.

Shoot! He must be wondering where I am!

"Excuse me. I have to take this."

"No problem."

I stood up and answered.

"Where are you? I thought you were coming to school today, but you're not here. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Jungkook. I just needed a bit of fresh air. That's all. I'll come to school tomorrow. I promise."

"Okay. As long as you're fine. You had me worried sick though."

"I'm sorry. I'll see at home later?"

"Yeah. Love you."

"Love you too big brother."

I hung up.

I turned around as was startled when I saw Baekyun standing behind me holding his brother's hand. Haneul was it?

"Hi. We actually have to go now. But it was nice chatting to you."

"You too."

"I really hope I see you again." he says smiling.

He does?

He waves goodbye and walked away. I sat back down on the bench and stared at the sky.

Baekyun hey?

Hi guys. So, I put Exo's Baekyun in the story. He won't be a main character, but he'll play a role in a bigger part of the story later on.

I hope guys are enjoying the story so far. Don't forget to vote and comment okay? It really means a lot.