Exhausted...

Nat brought down the two plates of food ten minutes later and gestured to me to come over to her.
"What?" I asked.
"May has asked to come and see Peter. Help with his "studying." What are you gonna say about the kid's leg? And oh, I don't know, the fact that you're basically his dad now?" She said sarcastically.
"I'll tell her the truth. Plus I have to ask her something." I grinned, thinking about what would happen if she said yes to my question. "Tell her to come over."
"Tell her yourself, asshole." Nat replied, grabbing her glass.
"Auntie Nat, you're not supposed to curse." Peter called over, it was the first time he kinda smiled since "the incident."
"Stop listening to my private conversations or else I'm gonna do a lot worse than curse." Nat half-grinned.
I walked over and sat beside Peter.
"What do you have to ask May?" He asked quickly.
"Ohh. Something small just, I have to ask if I can adopt you." I turned to face him. His face dropped. "You're okay with that, right?"
He nodded, jaw still basically on the floor.
"Cool." I replied, smirking over at Natasha.
Peter grabbed me and we stayed in the same position for like ten whole minutes. The only thing he managed to stutter out was thank you. I do have to say, my eyes did tear up. I sniffed.
"Are you crying?" Peter looked up.
"You wish." I grinned. Peter smiled back. The elevator dinged and Ned and May walked into the living room.
"Hey Ned. Go sit down beside Peter there. I need to talk to May for a second." I smiled.
"Peter! What happened to your leg?!And your face?!" May yelled, rushing over to him, examining the bruises covering his cheeks.
"It's fine, May. I just fell over." He mumbled.
May took in a breath. "Okay... okay. As long as you're okay." She ruffled his hair. "You said you needed to talk, Tony?"
"Yeah. Yeah, I do actually. Can we step outside please?" I asked. "Two seconds." I walked over to Nat and whispered to him. "Don't let Peter hear this." She nodded and walked over to sit beside him. I showed May out to the hallway and closed the door.
"So... I don't know how to say this, so I'm just gonna come right out with it. Would it be okay... if I were to adopt Peter?" I mumbled quickly.
May's face dropped immediately and she turned sheet white.
"I...I uh... you can't just expect me to have an answer straight away." She rubbed the back of her neck.
"I know, I know. But please...just... just think about it." I sighed.
"Is it what Peter wants?" She asked.
"Yes. Yes, one hundred percent." I nodded.
"I... then... I guess. If that's what he wants, and you of course." She sighed.
"Yes! More than anything else in the world. I'll take good care of him May, you can come up any time you want to." I reassured her. She nodded and shook my hand before walking back into the living room. My eyes widened and a grin spread across my face as I seen Nat, covering Peter's ears with a pillow. I let out a snort and May turned around confusedly.
"What is she doing?" She asked.
"She has a name. Natasha, hi. Anyways, Pete has an ear infection and needs to be helped." She made up, looking extra pissed at me for chuckling so much.
She let go of the pillow, pushed Peter away from herself and walked up to us.
"Well, I'll be going. I'll see you soon, Peter." May said, before she exited awkwardly.
"What'd she say? What? Can I? I mean can you?" Peter said quietly as he stood up.
"Yeah, I can legally adopt you, all I need to do is sign some forms." I smiled.
"Ironman is going to adopt you?!" Ned yelled excitedly. Peter nodded. "Oh my God. This is amazing." Ned sighed happily.
"I know." Peter grinned back. "When can we get the forms?"
"I'm gonna call Happy and he'll bring me them now." I walked out of the room...

Peter's POV-
I'm a horrible person... I'm a horrible, horrible person. My dad just said he would adopt me and I just... just wanna go to sleep. I wanna close my eyes and not have to see Loki again. I wanna be able to sleep and not have nightmares. I wanna not be afra...
"Peter?" Ned's voice awoke me from my thoughts. "Are you okay?"
I nodded and turned away from him.
"Peter. You can talk to me." Tears started to fall from my eyes. I didn't even know why, but I couldn't help it. I just couldn't help it. My breathing got faster, I couldn't breathe. Why couldn't I breathe? Ned ran out and told me to stay here. He sprinted back in, followed closely by my dad. Dad sat beside me and put his fingers through my hair.
"Pete? Pete. Look at me. Look." He breathed in deeply and gestured for me to copy him. I took in a breath as he did and felt my breathing finally slow down. I clung to his top and put my face in his shoulder. He wrapped his hands around my back and held me close.
"It's okay... it's okay... come on... you're okay... let's go." He stood up and pulled me up with him. He walked me out somewhere, my head was still on his shoulder as he guided me along. He held my shoulders and put me down on the hospital bed.
"I think you need to sleep. Okay? I'm gonna stay right here and make sure you're okay." He smiled at me. I gulped and closed my eyes. I tried. I really did, but I opened them again and stared up sadly. I couldn't see anything but Loki when I closed my eyes.
"That's okay... that's fine. Keep trying. I'm not leaving." Dad reassured me. I'm so exhausted... so tired... wanna sleep... tired.