Ch. 2 - Dreamer

NOTE: Again... I haven't really edited it or anything so I'm sorry if it doesn't make sense or there are spelling mistakes... :P

Ch. 2 – Dreamer

I’ve always wanted to ride a Dragon. When I was little, I used to play with model Dragons my father would make to study the Dragons that he found in the mountains. Once I asked my father if he could make a model of me, and when he asked me why I said so that I could ride the Dragons. I was sent to my room and grounded for a week. I wasn’t allowed to play with the model Dragons anymore. But that was fine – I still had my imagination. I’m 14  now, and I know better than to talk about the creatures around my family.

If I talked about them with my mom she would give me a disapproving look. If I talked about them with my 2 brothers, (who will both have a chance to ride a Dragon when they get older) they would tell on me or call me names like ‘dreamer’ or ‘wanna be’ or ‘wo-MAN’. You get the idea. But I just feel a connection towards Dragons – I’ve never seen them before, but I want to so badly. One day I’ll run away with my Dragon and live a free life without stereotypes and sexist people.

“Dinner!” My mother yelled from the kitchen. I raced down the stairs that creaked as I landed on them, and into the kitchen, avoiding the bucket I put on the ground to grab all the leaking water coming in through the roof. “Well it looks like someone is hungry!” My mother said, as she picked up the glass bowl and placed it onto the old wooden table. “Yeah.” I said back. “Tomorrow our class is going to the Dragon hatchery, mom.” She looked at me carefully, placing her hands infront of her. “Now honey,” (she does this ALL the time, its like her famous saying), “Don’t do anything… Unusual… Ok? Just act like all of the other girls and make sure that you don’t touch anything.” I looked at my feet and said “Yes mother. Don’t worry, I won’t embarrass our family. I will be well behaved.” She patted me on the head and said “That’s my girl. Now, where have your brothers gone off too?”

That night I could barely sleep. They always take us to the hatchery to see the baby Dragons and Dragon eggs… And sometimes, if you are very lucky, (and this has only happened once before) you get to see Dragon eggs hatch.