Elvellyn

"What?! I'm in Mirkwood?! I thought I was in Rivendell..." Roswehn asked, slightly upset.

It had taken two days before she could finally open her eyes. Nim had been with her the whole time.

"You seem sorry to be here." the Elf maid said to her, "... Caleth and I
are so glad to have you back with us."

"No, don't take me wrong! I am very happy to see you again, in fact, I thank you: I suppose it was you who took care of me in these last hours." Roswehn answered, "... only, I would have preferred not to be brought back here, at least not now."

"And why?" Nim asked. "Are you not happy to see our territory again, and our king?"

The girl felt a tingle in her stomach. Just hearing someone refer to him still gave her those feelings. "Well that's the point ... what happened in Arnor made me think, it's weird I know...but it was Morgoth who opened my eyes on the matter."
She noticed the confused expression on Nim's face. "... I'll explain you in another moment."
The human looked around. "... this room ... has remained the same ..."

"Yes, I knew you'd be back soon, you know, maybe I should not tell you, but I believed that your long journey through Middle-earth would not last long. Of course, such a thing was unimaginable. You met Morgoth, and even talked to him! " Nim said impressed.

I was about to do something else with him, besides talking ... I was about to give him this Earth with all of you inside, dear Nim, thought Roswehn, and she preferred to keep those thoughts for herself. "Gandalf, Elrond and Haldir ... are they here?" she asked.

"Lord Elrond went back to Imladris, Gandalf is off to your kingdom, to Dale." Nim informed her.

"Eru bless the Wizards! If it was not for him ... I do not want to imagine what could have happened to me...now he's going to bring news to my people, I'm very worried for my family and Bard and my friends! " she said with a sigh. "They must be anguished to death!"

"The Captain of the Lórien is still here." continued Nim.

"Yes, I know, I saw him sitting next to me the other day, he's really a dear friend ..." the woman said with a smile.

"No, Haldir has not come to see you yet ... I mean, he wanted to do it, but I suggested him to come back after your recovering. Later I'll tell him you feel better." Nim told her instead. "Whom you saw was just our king."

Roswehn almost shouted: "Are you kidding?" She was stunned. "You're telling me that Thranduil came up here?" she asked, widening her eyes. "... and saw me in this state ?!"

She must have looked terrible, she did not have a mirror, but she knew it very well. When she got temperature, she always looked like a witch.

Nim nodded. "Yes, he stayed in here for a while, then he left the room and told me to take care of you." Nim informed her. "Ever since I came into the world, I have never heard that the king has gone to visit one of us in our private rooms."

Roswehn preferred not to reply. She did not know why Thranduil had shown sudden interest in her health, but she was determined not to build castles in the air. The tremendous risk she had taken in Arnor had been more than enough for her; it was now clear that the desire for him would only cause unhappiness and trouble. She had even risked starting a war because of the temptation to have an unattainable creature. No, that thing should have ended there.

"You know Nim, I lost the diary you helped me write." She said, changing the subject. "Haldir threw it away."

"It does not matter, I'll bring you another one. You'll have time to re-write it all again." Nim answered, as she squirmed the pillow behind her.