5 - Till Death Do You Part

"Another round!" Vanessa hollered to the bartender while slapping her palm on the bar. It was obnoxious and rude but she and the girls were regulars and he could count of a good tip for tolerating their behavior so he did and he did it with a charming smile.

Carrie and her closest friends had gathered exactly one week before her wedding for a night of excitement with drunken thrills and probably more than one bad decision made by each one of them. The bathroom stall quickie with Angel was not considered a bad decision by drunken Carrie although the next morning she'd hate herself for it.

"This was a bad idea," she grumbled as they shifted positions, again, trying to find something that worked in the tiny space.

"We can leave," he said, his lips dragging against her jawline on their way to her mouth. "I got alcohol and more room at my place."

She paused, looking at him in contemplation for a moment, before shaking her head. "Later, this has to happen now."

They hadn't seen each other in months, not since the random meeting at the DMV, and Carrie was in agony. Even as she planned a hasty summer wedding and attempted to remain on the Dean's List throughout the end of the semester, which she did not, her mind always drifted to Angel.

Despite her earlier protests when he attempted to lift her before, Carrie did not complain when he hoisted her up and pinned her against the wall. "You're not too heavy," he said before she could apologize.

"Oh my god," she whimpered into his shoulder as he thrust into her. "I missed you."

"Shh," he didn't want her words stir any emption in him, not at that moment when he really wanted to reconnect with her in the most primal of ways.

Carrie banged her head against the wall as she felt herself reaching the edge, her freshly manicured nails digging into Angel's flesh. He was trying hard to last, wanting to satisfy and not disappoint, so he slipped a hand between them and quickly coaxed her into orgasm so he could allow himself his own release.

"I love you," she said breathlessly into his ear.

"I love you too," he admitted, wishing he could have kept the words back behind his teeth.

"You could uhh," she looked down, "Let me down."

Angel buried his face in her breasts and took a deep breath before putting her back onto the ground.

"I gotta go," he said quickly.

"Where?"

"Meeting someone," he said hurriedly.

"Who?"

"A friend."

"If its a woman, I don't care," she told him. "But I think you're being evasive because it's not a woman, it's something dangerous."

Angel cupped the side of her face and gave her a small smile before pressing his lips to her other cheek.

"You're going to be a beautiful bride, amada mia. Just wish I could be there to see you," he whispered before slipping out of the stall and making a quick exit.

Angel did see her though. The next week he was in the far corner, back behind the last pew, as she walked alone down the small aisle toward Kevin. He was in jeans and a black Henley, his usual backwards baseball cap in his hands of out respect for the church, something his parents were adamant about growing up. His heart ached as he watched the short ceremony, jealous and enraged by Kevin's smiles and Carrie's sad eyes. He wasn't sure if he was imagining it or not but she looked so heartbroken.

They said their vows and kissed, the small group of friends and family clapping happily for the newly married couple. As they separated and smiled, turning to their guests, she suddenly didn't look so sad. She lamented her future with Angel at first but as the ceremony went on she felt excited, and hopeful, that she would have the life she dreamed of with Kevin. It was never that she didn't love him, just that it wasn't the love she had with Angel.

As she and Kevin came up the aisle together, Carrie caught sight of Angel and felt her stomach drop and her heart skip a beat. Their eyes met briefly in the commotion before Kevin hurried her along out of the church. After that last fleeting glance, Angel and Carrie wouldn't see each other again for 14 another months.