prologue • 0

prologue (n.): a separate introductory section of a literary or musical work.

"This is but one of the legends which the people speak.."

The legend has been told time and time again. The legend of the Hero of Time, a brave boy clad in the green of the Kokiri Forest, a boy who took up the way of the sword to fight for his princess. His body, too young to wield the Master Sword, the Blade of Evil's Bane, was put into a deep rest for seven years, waking up when he was finally able to wield it properly.

Those seven years without a Hero were dark times. Hyrule fell into a deep pit of despair, the citizens having nearly given up on hope. It was all they could do to pray for better times, for a beacon of light to pierce the shadows that had fallen over the kingdom. The beacon of light that had come from the forest years ago.

When the wait was finally over, when the Hero of Time could truly be a hero, the goddesses finally answered their prayers. The light drove the darkness away, every step he took forwards bringing hope once more.

However, despite the newfound brightness, the princess still eluded him throughout his adventure, stuck in the darkest shadows that refused to go away so easily. He desperately searched for her, to no avail. Every step he took, every inch of light he shone, was in an effort to make the shadows concealing her shy away, to finally find his princess.

But what the story doesn't detail, is that throughout the Hero's journey, when he brought hope and peace to the land, fighting back against the overwhelming darkness, the princess followed in the Hero's shadow caused by his light. The light always brings darkness, forever intertwined. Just like the Hero and the Princess, like Courage and Wisdom.

Whenever Courage brings light, Wisdom will hide in the shadows close by. The Hero chased after his princess, while the princess followed after her Hero.

edited: august 24, 2020

wwww yeah i'm editing and proofreading these!! it's like 1:30am right now so if i sound loopy i apologize. but yeah, i wanted to give this series a bit of a makeover, since it was kinda ugly and poorly written (in hindsight, at least). also it was super unorganized which bothers me >://.

also yeah i'm gonna keep my a/ns down here now!! so uh yeah have a great day/night!