Chapter Five

After the team separated and went to their own places to think, Lancelot sat in his room with Shiro; who had insisted on helping him put his bandaging on after Lancelot showered.

Instead of using a towel to dry his hair, Lancelot shook it and slipped back into the muddy shorts he had. Shiro waited silently for him to come out of the bathroom, he noticed Lancelot hadn't taken the clothes they set out for him.

When he exited the bathroom, he had a large roll of bandages. He sat on the bed when Shiro motioned for him to sit, he handed over the bandages and sat still as Shiro started working. "How did you get these?" Shiro asked after a moment of silence. Lancelot slightly jumped in surprise before relaxing again.

"My mother and father." He answered coldly, his blue eyes glaring hatefully in a corner of the room. Shiro  frowned in confusion.

"Why would they do that?" He mumbled, Lancelot seemed to hesitate.

"Because I was to expensive and useless. They didn't need me so they thought killing me would fix their financial problems." He smirked a bit, "To bad I didn't die that easily." He purred in amusement.

Shiro didn't respond, he slowly moved and hugged the small boy who had begun shaking.

Lancelot considered shoving him off but found his arms to feel safe and warm. He slowly felt tired, he slumped inwardly on himself and was cradled by Shiro who held him protectively. Lancelot felt himself begin to slip into sleep.

"Will I be older tomorrow?" He mumbled in his half sleep daze. Shiro paused then placed a soft kiss on Lancelot's head.

"In about a week, you will go back to normal." He responded with a fatherly voice. 

"When I am older again, don't leave me." He said, opening one of his eyes to look at Shiro.

"I won't."

"Promise?" He asked quietly.

"Promise." Shiro said, he was surprised when Lancelot locked his small tan finger with Shiro's metallic one. 

"If you break the promise, I'll break your face." He warned with a sleepy yawn. Shiro chuckled at the childish boy.

"Of course Sharpshooter!" He teased and lifted the scared boy up, removing the top two sheets and setting him back down. Lancelot watched him in curiosity, he couldn't understand what Shiro was doing. 

Shiro grabbed the sheets and tucked Lancelot in,"Goodnight, come find me in the morning and I'll show you where everything is." He said softly, Lancelot nodded slowly as his eyes slipped shut as sleep lured him in.

Shiro stood, looked at Lancelot once more before exiting the room.