Clayton

Maddox POV

We traveled to LA in a motorcycle pack, and we started hanging out with this other guy named Clayton. He played the electric guitar and rode with it strapped to his back, and he was a lot older than us. 

He told me, one of the first nights that we camped out, that he was loaded af, and also that he had a thing for brunettes. 

I saw him looking at Larie when he said that, but I didn't say anything to Blake. I hated drama. 

Whenever I saw Larie talking to Blake or Clayton, she would pretty much say anything, even stuff that was kind of vulgar or bold. I knew they both liked that, but I liked Charli's innocence and blushing modesty a lot better. 

To be honest, I didn't like Larie that much. She seemed kind of manipulative and selfish, and I suspected that she hadn't come along on this trip because she really loved Blake. It seemed more like she just wanted to go to LA and get fame and money. 

And unfortunately for Blake, I was right. 

A couple of nights into travelling, Larie and Blake got into a fight. 

"You're broke," Larie accused him. "You told me that if I came with you, you'd be able to take care of me. But you're not! You haven't even bought me food this whole time." 

"Babe," said Blake, "I'm gonna make money as soon as we get to LA. I'm gonna hit it big there, I promise." 

"I don't do promises with fuckboys," Larie told him, and stalked off. 

And that's when everything started to go to shit.