Ch. 12: We're all in this Together

The manager got up from his desk and walked right past me, not even glancing at me. He walked right out of the room, with Kate following. I wasn't sure what to do. Should I follow them outside? Should I stay in here? Luckily, I didn't have to answer my own question because the manager's voice called me from outside the room.

"Jamie! Come out here. You need to meet these people."

I got up and set the box the ring came in on the desk, then walked to the door.

I walked outside and was met with the strangest sight ever. Three Disney characters that don't really belong in the same room, seeing as how different they were.

The first one, on the far left, was a tall, muscular man in a brown and gold toga. He had a sword and shield strapped to his back. His hair was bright red and curly, and had an orange headband wrapped around his head. His arms were folded as he stared at me.

"Hercules." I said. He nodded and stepped up to me, holding his hand out. I shook it.

"You must be Jamie. I've heard a lot about you." He told me.

I nodded. "And me you." I wasn't about to tell him about spying on him and Mickey. I mean, have you seen his biceps? Add those to his already super strength. He could snap me in half like a toothpick, and with only his legs.

The next person in line wasn't even a person. It was a horse. A large horse with sleek brown fur, and a wavy black mane. He was wearing a black saddle and was grinning widely. Then he stood up on two legs, towering over all of us, and reached down and stuck his hoof out. "I'm Buck, the ultimate crime-fighting, butt-kicking manly stallion. Glad to be on your team, Jerry."

"Jamie." I corrected as I shook his hoof.

"That's what I said." He sat back on his four legs.

Buck was from Home on the Range. He was an over-exaggerating horse who was pretty much all bark and no bite. But he was pretty fast.

And the last person, was again, not a person. He was really short, and he was blue. With an orange bill and an orange beaver tail. Probably because he was a platypus. He also wore and 1980's fedora on his marsupial head.

"Perry the Platypus." I grinned as I stuck my hand out.

"GGGGGRRGGGG." He responded and shook my hand.

Perry the Platypus, also known as Agent P, was from Disney Channel's Phineas and Ferb. He was a secret agent platypus. And he could certainly kick butt, despite his small size.

The manager walked over to me. "Jamie, these three will be your team members on your quest. Hercules and Perry will be protection, and Buck will be your ride to The Hundred Acre Woods and wherever else you need to go." He explained.

"Hey! I can be protection too!" He neighed angrily.

"Yes...anyway. I think I've pretty much explained all I can explain about your quest. I think it's time for you to go."

"Aww, but it's still breakfast. Don't we at least get a five-star hotel omelet or something?" Buck complained.

Hercules grabbed his reins. "Don't worry, Buck. We'll get food on the way. Let's go, people. We've got a long ride ahead of us."

"Wait, if I'm riding Buck, how are you two going to get there?" I asked the God and the Secret Agent.

"Don't worry. We've got rides of our own." Hercules said with a smile.