To Google or Not To Google?

Liam had driven separately than the other guys, which lead to a very awkward car ride with nowhere to hide.

I let out a sigh. “So.”

“So…”

I used the opportunity of not having to watch the road to watch him instead.  “When were you going to tell me that you were a musician?”

He glanced at me weirdly. Why does he keep doing that?

“A musician, huh? And not a member of One Direction? Well, I was hoping to hold off on that fact for as long as possible. I liked how you didn’t know who I was.”

“Would it have made a difference?”

Liam paused before answering.  “I liked how you didn’t scream or freak out when you saw me. And I was able to get to know you without you wanting something from me.”

“What now?”

“Well, I liked what I got to know. And I would like to continue to get to know you… if that’s something that you want.”

He seemed so sincere in everything he said. It was hard not to want to find out all of his secrets.

“I think I’d like that. As friends. I didn’t move to London to fall for boys with accents.”

He threw his head back in laughter. “Good luck with that, Daise, I’m surprised you don’t have a date book full of boys waiting to take you out already and you’ve been here two weeks.  And I bet the boys back home were devastated to see you go.”

I froze, but just for a second. “I didn’t want a relationship.” My tone had changed. I tried not to, but I couldn’t help it. The memories were coming back, unwelcome.

“And what about now? Do you want a relationship now?”

I let out a small smile. “Not quite yet. But maybe soon.”

We rode in silence for the rest of the way and pulled up outside of a very nice looking restaurant.

“Liam, I can’t afford this.”

“It’s on me, love. After what you said, the boys and I want to treat you for saving our album.”

----

“Daise, is that you?”

I slumped against the door I just closed. I did not just have lunch with One Direction and get walked to the door by Liam Payne. This is not happening, and this is not real life.

“Were you expecting someone else?” I yelled back at Ronda.