Chapter Two: Into the Fold

“Attention all units, your objective is to make your way north to the industrial district.  There you will find the reactor.  Protect it at all costs.  Eliminate any and all enemy forces.  Know this, we are not working for any corporations.  We are protecting the city of Concordia and Base headquarters.  Over and out.” the evaluator said over the vidcom.  The city sector where they dropped was massive.  There were rows upon rows of housing complexes.  The kind of city Concordia was classified as was a tower city.  People lived in tower apartments due to the city being so crowded.

    “Rīdā, I’ll take the high road.” Akira said as he started to boost his way up the side of a near by building.  The building was a twenty story apartment complex that stood intimidatingly overhead.

    “Good idea.” Rīdā said as he noticed a large troop of enemy Emulators advancing towards them.  “IN COMING!”

    “Shit.  There must be a thousand of them.” Ryou said as he started to load his weapon.  With the roar of motors and weapons loading, the troop engaged the enemy weapons hot.

    “WATCH OUT!” Akira shouted to Rīdā as Akira wasted a unit that was making its way down the side of a building.

    “Thanks.” Rīdā said as he wasted a unit in front of him.

    “LOOK OUT!” Akira began to say to Ryou as Katashi slashed the enemy unit with his laser blade.

    “Be glad I saved you.” Katashi said.

    “Damn.” Ryou said with complete and utter shock.

    There was many units, each with a slightly different design.  Two legs, lightweight, and various types of weapons on both arms.  The units must have been destroyer units.

    After many destroyer units later.

    “There was so many.  How did they know about our drop zone?” the evaluator asked over the vidcom.  “No matter.  The objective hasn't changed.  Continue on.”

    “Company, fall in.” the leader of the troop said over the comlink.

    “Yes, sir.” Akira said to his commanding officer as he dropped himself from the rooftop.

    “COMPANY!  MARCH!” the leader of the troop said.  With the roar of motors engaging, the troop started their advance north towards.  It was a journey that would take an hour via mechasuit.  On the way, they encountered many enemy units varying from destroyers to scouts.  It was nothing compared to the fire power of the Mavericks.

    “So, have any ideas why we need to protect the power plant?” Ryou asked.

    “Well, think of it this way.  What makes everything work?  What gives us the ability to do what it is we do?  Power.  We need power to keep going.  Now, if you knock out the power plant, you take out everything in all of Vita.  Communications would be hit the most and it is vital to have communication between the different areas of Vita.” Rīdā answered.

    “Hey, Katashi.” Akira said trying to get his attention.

    “What?” Katashi replied, aggravated.

    “You gonna get...that?” Akira was about to ask as Katashi shot the enemy in the torso.

    “Got it.” Katashi said.

    After two hours and many more enemy units, they reach their destination.  It is 23:00.