Chapter Five: Questions

“Who was that who bombed Res Rustica?” Rīdā asked their new liaison the next day.

    “Well, according to what we know, Termino belongs to a group known as Novi Órdinis.  They are an underground faction bent on trying to bring about a new world order through war.  It is said it was they who helped start the Great War of 2350.” Arata Yamamoto said to his new clients.  “He is also a wanted man.  He is wanted for his role in starting the first Great War.  He also has people on his payroll.  Military personnel, government officials, few civilians.  There is no place he hasn't got people.”

    “So we need to be careful, huh?” Ryou asked.

    “If you want to stay alive, yes.  There's no telling what could happen if you slip up.  It is said he has his claws on some people in my department.” Arata said.

    “So, what’s our next move?” Akira asked Rīdā.

“Our next move is to wait.  We need to find out more before we make our next move.  A bit of recon you might say.” Arata said as he stood up to leave the barracks.  “I’ll be back tomorrow depending on if I find more information.”

“Later, Arata.” Ryou said as Arata left the room.

“Well, now we know who that guy belongs to.  Now all we need to know is how to combat this old foe.” Rīdā said.  “Also, Katashi, how did the trace go?”

“Well, according to what it has already found, it originated from somewhere on the east coast in the former state of California.” Katashi said.

“Hey.  Look at this.” Akira said as he picked up a file.

“Looks like we have a new mission.” Katashi said as he handed it to Rīdā.

    Mission Codename:    Stinkbug

Location:        Atlantic Ocean

Requester:        Alumentum Corporation

Mission Details:    At 01:00, Methane Rig 580 was seized by an unknown group of terrorists bent on obtaining the methane that is stored on the rig.  Mission objectives include destroy any and all opposing forces.  Lethal force is permitted.

“Roll out.” Rīdā said.