Chapter 11

Natasha's POV

As I walk out of the room, I have the gut feeling that I won't be able to get Director Fury's permission. But I have to, even if it means breaking protocol. I just want to see her happy. She's been through so much, yet she still goes on. I admire that.

"What is it?" Director Nick Fury asks irritated. Well then!

"I would like you to grant me permission to escort Rose around...outside." I say as confidently as possible.

"No!" Fury almost yells.

"Why not?!?" I question, just as loud.

"She is unstable. And don't give me some crap about her background or how sad her faced looked when she asked. I don't care. The answer is no, and it will remain that way. Are we clear?" Fury states getting louder by the end.

"But..." I start to say but he just shoots me down with a glare. Okay then...

Rose's POV

Ok so Natasha just left to ask Fury if she could take me off this stupid Helicarrier for awhile, so I'm left in here with Thor.

"What would thou like to do if we are able to leave this Helicarrier?" Thor asks, trying ease the tension.

"Can I stop by my old orphanage? I would like to see my old friends of they're still there or find out what happened to them after I left." I reply simply.

"I will see what I can do!" Thor swears.

"Thank you Thor." I respond with a smile on my face and an air of happiness surrounding me. I hope everything works out the way I want it to.

Then a couple minutes of somewhat awkward/comfortable silence, Natasha walks in.

"What'd he say?" I ask silently scared on what her answer will be.

"Director Nick Fury said no...." Natasha starts. Oh no!!!! All I want to do is see people that aren't in S.H.E.I.L.D uniforms. Is that to much to ask?!?!

"I will take you. His reasons are in reasonable and I think you need to get out of here if you ever want to even think about having saneness for more than a clue of days." Natasha finishes with a smile.

"THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!" I scream as I get up and jump for joy.

"Any time Rose. Now why don't you go take a shower and change into the clothes that I'll set on your bed. Then we can leave. But I must warn you, I have to tell the other Avengers about what we're doing and where we're going. Is that alright? I also won't stop them from coming with us." Natasha says pointedly. I knew she was taking about Steve though.

"Ok, that works for me." I say still excited.

"Alright then. Go take your shower and I'll find you some normal clothes." Natasha says as she shoos me away.

As I walk away, I hear Thor ask Natasha why she isn't following Fury's orders and I can faintly hear her say that it's because she feels bad for me and she loves me. AWWWWWWW!!!! She loves me! Wow, I don't think anyone has ever loved me. This feeling inside, it feels warm and really good. I like it.

I walk into my room and then into the connecting dull bathroom. I lock the door and strip off my bloodied clothing. Then I hop into the now steamy shower and as soon as the water hits my muscles, I feel relaxed.

15 Minutes Later

I quickly get out of the shower. Wow, I haven't ever taken a shower that fast! I guess I'm a little more excited than I'm letting on. I rap the towel around myself and quickly grab the clothes off the bed and rush back into the bathroom to change into them. When I am finished changing, I look in the mirror for a quick second to see how the clothes fit and I am pleased to say that I don't look beaten or ugly. I have a huge smile on my face and the purple shirt (with a cute heart design on it) fits perfectly, not too big but not form-fitting. The dark jeans are clinging to my legs but they look ok. They are a bit tight but I just go with it since I don't want to wear anything else that has the S.H.E.I.L.D. logo on it (basically everything in here. Natasha also left me a pair of black sandals. Those fit perfectly as well.