Chapter 4

~Normal POV~

As Jada fell asleep, Simba, Nala, and Sarabi went over to Sarafina and sat around her. "Who are these two?" Nala asked after a moment of silence. "Their names are Damian and Jada... Zazu found them when they was getting attacked by the hyenas.." Simba explained, looking at the sleeping siblings. ''my father gave them the ability to talk to us and he also said to protect them'' Nala looked at them for a moment, before looking at the siblings. ''then they are our responsibility, we'll take care of them like our cubs'' she said, nuzzling the sleeping cub in front of her. Jada groaned in her sleep, moving around. she started breathing heavily, clenching her already closed eyes.

She started mumbling in her sleep, saying 'no' and 'to stay away from her' Sarafina started nudging her when tears started to fall from her eyes. her eyes flew open, sitting up fast screaming and crying. she covered her eyes with her hands, crying into them. Sarabi went towards her, nudging her face. Jada looked up at her, before looking around the cave. her eyes stopped on Simba, making them fill up with tears again. she got up shakily, walking towards him. when she got close to him, she sat down next to his mane burying her face into it. she cried until she fell asleep again with Simba nuzzling her. ''S-She n-never had a f-fathers l-love before'' everyone looked to see Damian looking at Jada and Simba, smiling sadly.

''what do you mean by that? doesn't all humans have a mother and father?'' Sarabi asked, looking at him. ''yes, but not all parents want their kids...we was one of them.. our mother wanted us, but our father didn't'' he explain ''when he found out I was a boy, he was actually happy.. then three years later, our mother got pregnant with her and to say he was upset that she was a girl is a understatement.. he was furious and he still is...he told our mother to have a abortion.. but she wouldn't and I'm glad she didn't'' he said, looking at Jada with sad eyes. ''why would he want to he want to get rid of her..'' Sarabi asked. ''H-He didn't want her...and the fact that she was born weak only made him angrier'' he explained.

A crazy laugh made them turn their heads to the entrance of the cave. a mandrill entered the cave with Zazu flying behind him. ''lets see what we have here!''

~ Five months later~

It's been five months since everything happen. Damian's wounds have completely healed and he was up and about. Since the attack with the hyena's, Jada have been clingy to not only Damian, but to Simba and Nala as well. she also have been having panic attacks and nightmares of the day she lost her mother, about their father, and losing the family of lions that had taken them in like their own. Two months ago, the king and queen decided to make it official and make Damian and Jada their son and daughter. Kiara, their youngest daughter was excited to have them as family and they all got along fine.

''Jada! Jada! get up'' Jada groaned, moving her head deeper into Simba's mane. ''Jadaaaaaa'' ''what's wrong Kiara...it's too early'' ''Damian said its time for your meds'' Jada groaned, getting up from the warmth from her father and going outside into the cold, mumbling words that should never be repeated. Jada made her way down the ramp with Kiara running in front of her, going to Damian who was by a fire. ''good morning Jada'' he said, looking at her. ''can I just take my meds and go back to sleep please'' she pleaded, looking at him with pleading eyes. ''you need to eat something Jada'' ''grandma Sarabi is taking the hunting party out in a hour Damian... why can't I take the meds then'' she wined. ''because you need to take them now'' Damian said, handing her two white pills, a granola bar, and some water they had packed. she sighed, eating the granola bar and taking the pills, drinking a little bit of the water before giving Damian the rest. ''Jada, wanna go exploring'' Kiara asked excited. ''I don't think so Kiara, it's too early and she's still a bit sleep'' he explained, watching as Jada jerked awake after Kiara touched her hand slightly.