Chapter 7

~Normal POV~

The next morning, the sun rose over the horizon and into the cave. Jada groaned, turning her head away from the sun in her eyes waking up. She looked around as she noticed her dad and brother gone for their morning runs. She yawned stretching as she got up. She flinches as she moved her leg, a small pain going though it. "Well look who is finally up" Jada looked up as her mother and sister walked in the cave "how long was I out?"

Kiara rushed up to her, purring as she nuzzles her "all morning, dad and Damian are already back" Jada looked at her mother ''why didn't anyone wake me up'' Nala shook her head ''because you needed your sleep, now if your ready I can help you" Nala said, looking at her. Jada nodded as she went in front of her. Jada threw her arms over Nala's midsection, pulling herself up.

Jada steadied herself enough to hop on one leg while holding onto her mother's neck, hopping along side her as she heads to the opening. Kiara followed them before rushing down to where everyone was resting under the shade with them following close behind. "Well looks who's up" Simba said, watching as Nala walked to where him and Damian was sitting.

"Hi dad" Jada sat next to her father sighing as the light pain in her leg went away. "Good afternoon Jada" he nuzzles her smiling "how's your leg?" Damian asked, looking at her. "It's okay, not as bad" she lied, not telling him about the huge pain in her leg. "Here, takes these along with your meds" he said, handing her six pills and some water.

Jada nods, taking them before gulping down some water "what are those for?" Sarabi asked, watching. "My anxiety, depression and panic attacks, the rest are just antibiotics for my leg." She explained, handing Damian the water bottle. "What's depression?" Kiara asked, looking between everyone. "It's when you get really, really sad and you starts to think negatively about yourself"

"Is that how you got all those scars?" She asked, tilting her head. Jada shook her head "I'll tell you later" Kiara nodded before running down to the ground playing with a lizard. They all watched her as the lizard tried to run away. Once she was far enough away, all of the adults eyes landed on Jada and Damian. "How did you get the scars Jada?"

Simba asked, nuzzling her softly. "I don't want to talk about it" Damian watched before looking at their mother and grandparents "She did them" "Damian!" Jada said, shocked and hurt that he told. "When she 14, she tried to take her life but after she failed, she started to do self harm" he said looking at her "I hate you!" Jada gets up quickly and limps away going into the dark part of the cave.

Damian watched as Jada left. He looks back at his family to see that they are giving himself look of disapproval "if I didn't tell you then she would have told you our dogs did it, she did the small ones on her wrist and arms, but he did the big ones on her legs and back" he explained, sitting against the tree with his mother. Simba started to get up, but a shake of Nala's head made him sit down.

"Damian, you shouldn't have did that the way you did, you really hurt her feelings" Nala scolded him, her serious face on. He looked away from them, not showing any emotion "go apologize now Damian" he sighs before getting up and going to the cave mumbling under his breath. "I heard that mister!" Nala called after him.

In the cave, Jada is curled up in the dark corner. Damian walked toward her. ''go away, i don't want to talk to you'' she said with her back facing him. ''well you have to'' he sat next to her. ''mom said that we both have to get along, its been kinda rocky since you got hurt'' she smiled lightly, laughing ''what you expect? I'm a danger magnet'' she smiled, looking at him. ''why did you do that..?'' ''they needed to know, they aren't like him Jada and you wont see him again anytime soon so why worry that hes going to find out about it?'' he asked , looking at her. she stayed quiet, not looking at him. They sat in silence for a few minutes before Jada moved to get closer to her brother, sitting next to him.

'' Piggy back ride back?'' she asked, looking at him smiling. ''what are you? five?'' he laughed, standing up looking at her. ''I'm your fifteen year old sister who has a injured ankle and cant walk'' she smiled, holding her hands up. he kneeled down in front of her as she wrapped her arms around his neck. he holds her up by her thighs as he got up and walked out of the cave with his giggling sister on his back. He walked down to where his parents were. ''Mama!Papa!''

Simba and Nala looked up and smiled as they saw Jada and Damian going down the slope. Kiara smiled, rushing towards her siblings laughing. Damian smiled, looking down as she walked around his legs causing Jada to smile and laugh. The kids laughter filled the area, making the sun shine brighter then before as a face of a mighty lion appeared to be smiling down at them, a sun ray beaming down on the laughing children. Simba, Nala, Sarabi, and Sarafina smiled, watching as Damian put Jada down so Kiara can run into her arms, licking her cheek happily. Nala nuzzled under her mates chin, purring happily as she watched her family play.
———————————————————————————————————————————————————

Done! Enjoy!