chapter 8

A/N: it's been two years since they been in the pride lands, Damian is now 20 years old while Jada is 17. thank you guys for reading this story! and this is what they look like now

 thank you guys for reading this story! and this is what they look like now

Damian

Jada~Two years later~

Jada
~Two years later~

As the sun rose over the horizon, laughter can be heard from in the distance. A girl in a light blue dress races across the landscape with the zebra and antelope. She smiled as her best friend races next to her, her bare feet hitting the ground. she wrapped her arms around her neck as she jumped on her back quickly, smiling ''Whoo!'' she cheered,  throwing her hands in the air. After a few minutes, the heard came to a stop. ''that was great Ava, that was the longest we've ever run together'' She said smiling, climbing off her back ''Yeah, your getting better at running Jada'' Jada smiled giggling, looking at her. Once her ankle healed and she and Kiara was able to explore again(under supervision), she had started getting to know the herds in the pride lands. ''I should go, Kiara is going on her first hunt today and I get to help her'' she said, smiling. ''see you later Jada!'' Jada waved before starting to run towards pride rock. she waved at the animals she passed, giggling.

She slowed as she got closer to the entrance, seeing her brother. "Damian!'' Damian turned around just in time to be hugged by his sister.

Just like her, he has changed in the two years they have been here. Even though he has become more relaxed, he has always carried around a weapon on his back, just to be safe. "Been running again?" He asked, looking at her messy hair as she smiled. "Maybe~"

He smiled slightly, shaking his head "go get ready, it's going to start soon" Jada nodded quickly before rushing up the slope of the cave. "Hi mom, bye mom!"

She called to her mother while she ran into the cave. She quickly starts to take her messy ponytail out before brushing her hands through her waist-long hair. She got all the knots out as she looked through the suitcases for another outfit to wear. She quickly settled for a tan-flown shirt and ripped jeans that she hasn't even worn yet.

She put her hair up in a messy bun with some flowers that were picked earlier that morning

She put her hair up in a messy bun with some flowers that were picked earlier that morning. "Jada are you ready?" Kiara said happily, walking into the cave. "Yes, are you? Dad's finally letting you go on your first hunt" Kiara looked just like her mother with her father's fur.

"I can't wait, go your gonna be late" "says the lioness that's always late" The girls laughed as Jada walked down towards her brother, mother, and father. She hugs her mom before her dad smiles. She stood next to her brother with her arms behind her back, waiting for the ceremony to begin.

Before long, Kiara walked down the slope as the lionesses complimented how she has grown and how beautiful she is. She nuzzles her mother before looking up at Simba "you promise to let us do this on our own?" Jada came to sit next to Kiara, looking at her father "please daddy?" Simba nods, smiling.

Jada and Kiara smiled, Jada getting up quickly to go change. She comes back a few minutes later in an animal skin two-piece with her hair up in a messy bun. She gave her brother a tight hug ''be careful, stay close to Kiara'' she looked at him ''I'll be fine, I know how to take care of myself Damian, just make sure dad keeps his promise'' he nods, watching as she goes to hug her mother before switching to her father ''we'll be fine daddy'' he smiles and nods, watching his daughters run toward the gazelle territory. Simba looked back at Timon and Pumbaa ''Make sure they don't get hurt'' Damian watches shaking his head but watching as Timon and Pumbaa left, following the girls.

~Jada's POV~

I watched in the trees as Kiara slowly stalked towards an elderly gazelle. she stepped on a twig, causing the whole herd to become alert to her presents and run away. Kiara rushed after them with me jumping from the tree and following. she stopped, panting ''Man..'' I stopped next to her ''come on, they couldn't have gotten that far''

We walked for about two miles before we saw the herd again. we both crouched down in the low grass, slowly approaching the herd. we got a little closer than before another branch snapped. We both ran after them but stopped after seeing they are getting much farther ahead.

A rustle in the long grass made us look towards it as Timon and Pumbaa came running out "Timon, what are you doing here!" Kiara yelled panting. "W-well you see..uh.." "dad sent you here..didn't he?" Kiara growled, "he promised he would let us do it on our own!"

"He just doesn't want you to get hurt is all" Timon said looking at her."We'll do this alone, away from the pride lands!" We turned and ran towards the outlands, jumping over logs. We slowed to a stop, panting as we looked around "let's go, Jada, we'll find something here" nodding, we walked around the area.

Before long we saw a few zebra and gazelles running from the way we were head. We stared at them in confusion before seeing more animals run. We turned to see a fire growing and our eyes widened "come on!" Kiara yelled as she started running back towards the pride lands with me following her close behind.

It wasn't long before I lost track of her, like fire and smoke filled the area quickly as it became harder to breathe "K-Kiara!?" I yelled panting, looking around quickly "Kiara where are you!?" I coughed, covering my mouth as smoke filled the air.

"Kiara!" A black spot filled my vision as I looked around, seeing trees submerged in flames. "Hey! Over here" an unfamiliar voice called out as a blurred figure rushes towards me "D-Damian..?" Tripping over a root, I stumbled to the ground falling into a strong chest. "Don't worry your safe now" was the last thing I heard before blacking out

——————————————————————————————————————
Hope you enjoy it...Merry late Christmas and Happy New Year...