ρяσℓσgυε.

.

.

BANG!

"I knew it!" A pale hand went banging against a creaky table in the dining room of the plantation "that fucking nigger." without another word being spoken a young Elaine Williamson led the pack of three to the slave quarters just a few steps away from the big house—she was said to inherit if she married Larry Williamson who was the firstborn and pride of the two owners who were now overcome with sickness due to old age.

The fancy gowns of these women dragged through the grassy lawn ruining flowers. Looks of disgust took over their faces as they stomped along to their destination in an uppity sort of rhythm—you'd only expect from locals up north.

Delphine Jenkins, the younger sister and fiercer of the siblings kicked in the door and charged at a slave girl who was busy nursing her newborn baby girl.

"You find it to be acceptable to bed a wedded man?" she hissed, lunging at the girl and sending the crying infant to the floor.

She didn't have time to reply before Delphine and Ruby Jenkins pounced on her like hyenas out for prey.

"You filthy vermin."

"I know what will teach you a lesson." Elaine decided then snatched the infant from the floorboard by the leg and ran from the quarters as fast as possible. Smirks took over the other two sisters' facial features as they pulled the slave girl along to watch whatever torture Elaine was about to inflict on the infant held in her tight grip.

"What are ya doin' with that there nigger baby?" John John, a friend of the family asked curiously.

"Kill it!" Elaine gritted, "I don't want no more of these pesky damn things near my home." By that, she meant the offspring of white men and their slaves. Nothing ground her gears more than seeing them running around.

She felt their kind and hers didn't mix. That their seed was an abomination to the good white world Jesus had created for them.

When she found out that her beloved Larry had not once but twice impregnated the same slave-girl she became a madwoman. How could Larry pick a dirty ole nigger girl with her too big of a body and empty brain over her? and her porcelain slim body and well-to-do education.

The more she thought of it the more she became infuriated so she tossed the infant to John John who had a plan of his own brewing.

"Gator-bate." he chuckled while staring down at the infant who looked to him with big brown watery eyes.

He walked towards the river out back which was home to plenty alligators. They reared their heads when they heard the loud and rowdy voice of the group approaching their river. "This should be exciting, don't you agree, Zo?" Ruby whispered into the ear of the slave girl.

John John whistled then swung the crying infant out as the alligators were now all alert and ready for their newest meal.

Zo fought with what little strength her fresh out of labor body could muster which made Delphine angry so she threw her down to the ground.

"Hurry up and throw the ugly bastard in!" Delphine grew impatient.

"Wait' a damn minute, why don't ya!" he pestered. "Can't ya see I'm tryna see sumthin?" he said now examining the infant.

"Throw the bitch in or I will." Elaine cut-in then went over and tried to pry the infant from him but he wouldn't let go as the two pulled back and forth on the now yelling being in their grasp; Zo leaped from the ground and with all her might she charged at Delphine and Ruby.

They all three fell into the river.

The hungry alligators chomped away as soon as their flesh touched the murky water. A loud scream escaped Elaine's thin mouth waking the birds from the trees above.

John John dropped the infant and ran over to rescue one of the screaming white women.

He challenged the alligators who put up a fight and left with his leg in their mouth.

The infant was whisked away by another slave girl who watched on from a distance and witnessed Zo sacrifice her life for her baby girl out of the strength of love, and only love can weaken hate.

.

.