Chapter 2: Another Day in KuroiNekko High

I took a timid step into the gym. I was a minute late. I stayed close to the wall. If I was lucky, I could sneak into the girl's locker room door and change really fast. I peeked around the corner. There was no one. Slowly opening the creaking door, I whipped inside and closed it.

"Man, that was close, Faith! I was almost caught by the 'Red-Faced Beast'!" I spurted the words in a rush of relief. I opened my eyes to see Coach standing in front of me. What went through my mind was, "How am I going to get out of this?" What probably went through her mind was, "This little punk is going to be running extra laps for the rest of the year."

"Pleh.. pleh.. pleh.. please tell me why you're late. Before I lose it. N..Now!" Coach's face was red; scrunched up. Her meaty hands were balled in fists; sweat was pouring off her; she was sputtering with anger. She was using every ounce of strength she had not to scream in face. And suddenly, the most creepy smile I had ever seen stretched from ear to ear. I'm dead. She is going to run me into exhaustion.

"Glad your late! You have just volunteered to show the new student around! Get along!" Her voice was too cheery and over-excited. Something unpleasent was going to happen. The new girl was probably a goth-girl. But, they're not to bad when you get to know them. Or maybe, she was a Know-It-All! I hate those kinds of girls. They're so annoying. Oh, and so help me god, if it's a cheerleader. Especially, if she's like Lacy. If she cheers for me when I get a drink of water or go to class, I'll have to commit murder, suicide, or both.

I sighed and followed the coach towards her office. She opened the door, and I gasped at the sight.