Chapter Fourteen

Honey, a pitch black she-cat with piercing blue eyes stared at Shrewstar with sadness and fear shining bright on her complexion.

The tom shrank underneath her beauty and used all his heart to say no. ShadowClan stared at the strange sight and stood, shocked.

The rogues turned and walked out of the camp, all but Honey. She ran up to Shrewstar's den and met the tom with her strange blue eyes.

Meanwhile ThunderClan was busy hunting and training. Skylegs, a white and gray she-cat, had a litter of three kits, Berrykit, Blackkit, and Frostkit.

Dawnfur was resting by the fresh-kill pile when suddenly Frostkit walked up to her. With the small kit's icy blue eyes she tilted her head.

"What are you doing?" She asked, tilting her tiny head. Dawnfur purred and stared at her paws. "Thinking." She replied quietly. The small kit flicked her ear in confusion. "Thinking about what?"

She asked. Dawnfur sighed. "Life." She said and stood up to walk away. Frostkit decided not to press on and made her way back to the nursery.

Berrykit was sound asleep beside Skyleg's white chest. Blackkit was fiddling with a moss ball all by himself. Frostkit trotted up to his brother while Dawnfur stood by her former mentor, Duskfeather.

The senior warrior turned his head to her and nodded in greeting. The gray and white striped tom sat down along with Dawnfur. After a while of small talk about hunting and new apprentices, Willowpelt yowled.

The cats looked up to where an upset and sad Willowpelt stood outside Foxstar's den. Dawnfur was the first to rush up to her, followed by Goldenheart and Duskfeather.

The orange and white tom lay silent in the corner of his cave.