Chapter Twenty

*** WARNING: VIOLENCE HAS BEEN WRITTEN IN THIS CHAPTER! Rated PG!***

Over at the RiverClan camp Minnowstar stood by the river with her new deputy, Eagleshine. She stared down at her reflection and back up at the bright sun.

"I'm going to go check on my mother." Eagleshine said, turning and trotting back towards the swampy camp. Minnowstar sighed and decided to walk back to camp as well when she saw several cats trotting her way.

She noticed that they didn't seem to notice her. Minnowstar drew in a deep breath and recognized the scent of WindClan. She raised her hackles and ran to the camp to get a patrol prepared.

Five RiverClan cats trotted towards where the WindClan cats were last seen and couldn't smell or see them anywhere.

"Are you sure you didn't see something, Minnowstar?" Waterfoot, a newly made warrior, asked the young she-cat.

She shook her head and took a whiff of the air once again. "I could've sworn-" she was cut off by a cat tackling her to the ground, with two others holding her down.

The shocked RiverClan cats gained their ability to move again and attacked the three WindClan cats.

Cats came out of nowhere one by one- attacking and quickly taking over the RiverClan patrol.

Waterfoot lay sprawled out on the ground, limp and blood seeping out of his mouth, eyes glazed over. Several others were dead or paralyzed.

Minnowstar fought off a WindClan warrior and gasped at the dead bodies of her warriors. She looked around at the snarling cats and realized they weren't WindClan cats.