Chapter Three

Over at the WindClan camp Breezestar watched as her patrol entered camp. Worriedly she trotted their way. "Did you get the kit?" She spoke.

The black and white cat, Nightwhisper, stepped out from the crowd and set Dawnkit down. "We have her." She said, nudging the small kit forward.

Owlfang, WindClan's medicine cat, slowly walked out of his den and looked Dawnkit in the eyes. "She is the spoken prophecy." He muttered. The clan murmured and backed away.

Breezestar dipped her head to the kit. "Should we raise her here? She is said to save WindClan from destruction." The leader said to Owlfang. The grumpy tom snorted.

"ThunderClan will be after us for taking a kit. As will RiverClan." He said. Gorgetail, the deputy, spoke up. "We can't have the kit growing up in ThunderClan if her destiny is to save us!" The clan cats agreed with his words.

Owlfang snapped his head up to where Gorgetail was. "If you say this, then how come the kit was born in ThunderClan?" He snapped. The gray and white deputy looked at his paws.

Owlfang took this as an I don't know and pushed Dawnkit towards Nightwhisper. "Take the kit back. I will find out what this means the next half-moon." He snapped.

The bold she-cat nodded and snatched the terrified kit up. Right before she left the camp, an angry Goldenheart bursted through. "Give me my kit back!" She hissed.

Several warriors lunged for her and tackled her to the ground. After a ball of hissing and clawing Owlfang yowled. "Quit this nonsense! Give the stupid queen her kit back!" He snapped.

The warriors looked to Breezestar and she nodded. Goldenheart snatched her kit back and ran back the way she came.

Meanwhile the ThunderClan camp was being treated by a stressed Volepaw. He looked up when the patrol Foxstar sent out came back with Dawnkit and Goldenheart.

Foxstar jumped down from his perch and welcomed the group back. "Did it go alright?" He asked. Ivyheart stepped up. "Goldenheart met us half way. She said Nightwhisper gave the kit back."

He nodded and hissed. "Those filthy heathens!" The clan chuckled at his words. He ignored their snickers and climbed up to his den.

Goldenheart and Oakbelly nuzzled their kit along with Whispertail.

"The good thing is you made it safely back home." Oakbelly murmured. Goldenheart agreed and curled herself protectively around her kit.