1

Walking down the street with only luggage in my hands,I was trying to take in some of the fresh air of South Shields for probably the last time in the following weeks,months,maybe even years.

Although it was a rainy day,matching my mood,people around me were still smiling,enjoying their lives.Free.Something I wouldn't be anymore.Only the thought of what was coming sent chills down my spine.

"Jade,put the luggage in the trunk now."

I sighed and turned around.They were ready to get rid of me.My mum,my dad,my brother.Neither of them seemed to be too affected by what was going to happen.

"Oh darling,don't be upset.You'll be out of there soon.It's just up to you how long it'll take."My mum rubbed my back,trying to encourage me I guess.I only nodded,getting inside the car.

All the way to our destination I kept my mouth shut.And so did my family.A deadly,awkward silence took over and no one dared to cut it.

I was mentally preparing myself for the next minutes,since I had seen the marvellous building with only a few minutes before,among tall trees.With each step closer a fence could be seen.It had started to look more and more like a prison.Great.

I was encouraging myself in my head,trying to cheer myself up and saying it was going to be okay.But how can you be chill when you're being sent to a mental hospital for God knows how much time?

It was against my will but my parents both came to this decision.Me and Karl,my older brother,tried to make them change their minds but once they had signed me up there was no going back.

The gate opened suddenly and two ladies approached us confidently."Jade Thirlwall?"One of them asked,scanning me from head to toe.

I nodded,gulping hard.She was pretty scary not gonna lie.My mum broke the silence,noticing my nervousness.

"Hi,I am Norma Thirlwall and this is my daughter Jade."She introduced us politely.The lady nodded,her look still fixed on me.

"We'll take her luggage and she can come with us.I'm afraid you're not allowed inside so in case you haven't already I suggest you say goodbye to your family now."She explained,grabbing the bags from my dad and Karl.

I turned around and pulled everyone into a group hug,trying to stop my sobs.I failed.I didn't know I was going to miss them that much until I had to say goodbye."I love you guys."I whispered softly,swallowing my sobbings.

"We love you too,Jadey.Cooperate and get yourself out of here soon.We'll be waiting for you to return home."Mum wiped my tears off and stroked my cheek.

"Good luck sis."

I gave Karl a simpatethic look,tilting my head to the right.

"Right,I think I should go.Bye..."I waved at them,following the two ladies who were waiting for me by the gate.As soon as I was in,the gate locked itself.

Only the yard gave me chills,it looked nothing better than an actual prison,maybe even worse.There was even barbed wire at the top of the fence.Everything was painted in grey and I prayed the inside was looking more welcoming.I was wrong.

As soon as I entered the building I spotted white tiles everywhere.Everything was painted in white.It was already driving me insane.

"Since you're new here you'll get a separate room for a while.Then you'll get a roommate."One of the ladies said harshly.She threw a paper at me which read room 207 .

"Try to not cause trouble in your first day here."The other lady said on a similar tone,opening the door to my room and throwing all my bags on the iron bed."Hey easy with those!"I sassed.

"Keep your voice down!"She warned walking out and closing the door after them.

I sighed sitting on the edge of the bed,scanning the surroundings.White.Everything was white.I hated that.My room was painted in beautiful colours I picked myself,bright colours.

My room was small,there was a small iron bed in the right corner,a white little closet next to it and that was pretty much of it.

How am I supposed to resist staying in here...