Agents of Valor: Initiation [3]

After the second lap, Xyra dropped out of the run. She was too exhausted to even sit up, so she lay on the floor by the director and her S.O after being carried by her partner who continued his run.

Making it past the third lap checkpoint, Jason said he was finished.

"Excellent, sounds like you two need a breather before we go back." Miranda smiled. "Don't worry, we're going to call it a day here. Your combat training will be tomorrow."

"Sounds good to me." Jason smiled back.

"Looks like Xyra is down for the count." Shaeland chuckled. "She sure loves to push herself to the limit."

"If it means showing me up, she'll make sure she gives it her all and sometimes more." He explained.

"Next time, I'll last longer than you." Xyra murmured weakly.

"Sure, you will." Jason laughed.

"Let's get you guys back to the plane." Miranda said as she started to walk towards the car park. "I'll bring the Jeep over."

After being on the plane for an hour, Jason made his way over to Xyra's room and knocked.

"Hey Xy, you up?" He asked.

"Yeah, come in." She replied welcoming him in. "What's up?"

"Just wondering how you were." He answered. "You seemed really irritated every since you did your psych eval. So, what's going on?"

"I'm just a little miserable." She explained. "Everything is moving so quickly. One minute we're on a mission, then we have been transferred, then the long trip to the flight to here to be mentally questioned and then running too. It's quite strenuous on me."

"In that case, I'll leave you to get some rest." He turned.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to." She voiced. "I'm going to be fine."

"I know." He smirked. "You still need your rest. I'm going to go talk to the other agents to get to know them better."

"Okay, you do that." She said as she looked at her dartboard placed across the room. After Jason left, she found herself holding a dart in her hand. "The most calming activity for me; darts."

As she threw the projectile, a little smile came to her face as she barely missed bullseye.

In the recreation room, Jason ran into agents he never saw before.

"Hey, guys." He greeted.

"Agent Blaze." A woman from among them said.

"You know who I am?" He asked puzzled.

"Yes, I do." She answered as she walked towards him. "You're Agent Jason Blaze, from Valor Hydros. I'm not sure you're going to find many agents who don't know who you are. A lot of them may be clueless and ignorant but they're pretty informed about successful agents on high-level dangerous missions; well, once they have the clearance."

"I see." He remarked. "I'm sorry, who are you?"

"I'm Agent Madelynn Clay, operative; specialist of the rifle practitioners." She smiled.

"Quite the introduction there." He commented.

"Thanks." She replied. "How good are you at pool?"

"I can manage." He smiled. "Sounds like a challenge. I'm gamed."

"Excellent, let's have a game or two then." She smirked.

Meanwhile
Location Classified
"Professor, you called?" The mysterious man asked as he stepped towards the professor.